Homeguard Boots

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Ah, live team may have opted to do that instead. Up to you guys though. I'm very reticent to keep these on the map at all because they seem like a must-buy.
Disable please. Must buy, and will make defenders even more ridiculous, and low Elo players will probably not get them anyway >.>

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Ah, live team may have opted to do that instead. Up to you guys though. I'm very reticent to keep these on the map at all because they seem like a must-buy.
Please ensure it's not even half even--just bar it from Dominion.

It becomes core on everyone (insta-heal+huge haste? You bet!) on Dominion and makes assaulting the points near spawn way more difficult if not out and out silly/fruitless.

I don't really think we need to make Dominion an endless battle for top =p

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
I think enchanting one's boots should come at more of an investment then gold. Like maybe the enchantment should require you offer a "sacrifice" before it comes it effect.

Example:

"Kill 5 enemy champions and this enchantment will be granted"
"Slay 50 minions / monsters"
"Assist your allies in kills 10 times"
"Acquire Baron Nashor's Blessing" (I don't remember the actual buff)

This sort of thing would be like a snowball-effect, but without the rubberband on progress. Something players can make a bet on and be rewarded for succeeding at.

or maybe they could be directed more towards a late game emphasis

"Enchantments may only be purchased after your champions has reached level16 or higher"

TakoyakiGunso

11-16-2012

Well I just hopped onto PBE and took this and revive (the movement speed is now on the spell normally), but it's hilariously fast with homeguard and revive.

Edit:made some mistakes

FOODFOOD

11-16-2012

....Does the live team play Dominion?

Infirc

11-16-2012

guys they are a zerker's greaves upgrade inf act every enchantmnt out there is a Zerker's greaves upgrade because atm there's no real reason of getting zerkers over any other boots... in either of the modes, Pros and high elo sr players have also been forgoing zerkers in favor of mercury treads.

TakoyakiGunso

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
guys they are a zerker's greaves upgrade inf act every enchantmnt out there is a Zerker's greaves upgrade because atm there's no real reason of getting zerkers over any other boots... in either of the modes, Pros and high elo sr players have also been forgoing zerkers in favor of mercury treads.

The boots enhancements are for all boots, I think this is what you're confused on? I used a pair of lucidity boots to get homeguard when I tried it out.

DiscworldDeath

11-16-2012

The data mining just pulled them off of the first set of boots, they're on all boots.

Also, Reign of Gaming item prices aren't accurate, look at surrenderat20 for these, at the screenshots. Thornmail is 2.2k gold, not 1.4k. FH is 3.1k gold and not 2.8k, etc.

Volandum

11-16-2012

I don't find this upgrade objectionable at all; walking out of spawn back into jungle after recall is not very exciting.

FDru

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by volandum View Post
i don't find this upgrade objectionable at all; walking out of spawn back into jungle after recall is not very exciting.
Attachment 559099