Sanguine Blade Is Not A Good BT Replacement

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yefo

11-19-2012

Bloodthirster is designed as an AD Caster item to grant massive damage.

At first glance, Sanguine fills the same role... But the reason Sanguine is bad? AD Casters aren't spending all their time auto attacking to build up charges.

Sanguine needs to either build charges with abilities use (as well as autos), or BT needs to make a return to TT.

Prof Zuhayr

11-20-2012

agreed

Redenbacher

11-20-2012

I'd argue that any item with lifesteal is not an AD caster item, because they don't spend a whole lot of time auto-attacking to make great use of lifesteal, compared to an AD carry. It's a lot of money to spend when the goal is attack damage, not lifesteal.

That being said, there are two problems here. BT is an AD Carry item that fills a partial role for AD Casters: big-ticket AD item. Sanguine Blade servers as a replacement for the AD Carry item, but removes the effectiveness as a big damage item.

This is where the new Black Cleaver will come in. It's a big AD Caster item.

Right now, on TT, when I play a champion like Pantheon or Kha'Zix - BF Swords are often a last resort. I find my damage doesn't suffer when building Brutalizer, Hex Drinker/Maw, and Last Whisper. I often don't have the opportunity to build glass cannon, stacking BF swords, because I need to survive long enough to take down the bruisers.

THC DadLife

Recruiter

11-20-2012

Thats the whole point. They didn't want a lee sin to 3 hit the enemy vayne lol. This way bruisers cant get 100 AD for 3k gold, and just kill an enemy carry before they can respond.

Yefo

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporal courage View Post
Thats the whole point. They didn't want a lee sin to 3 hit the enemy vayne lol. This way bruisers cant get 100 AD for 3k gold, and just kill an enemy carry before they can respond.
That may be so, but it was a failed attempt to weaken bruisers. Bruiser != AD Caster

Instead of making bruisers weaker, champions like Talon suffer the most from the change from BT to Sanguine.

(besides, Lee was weakened enough by removal of wards and inability to jump almost any wall with 'w', he's average at best now)

Sam

11-20-2012

Lee isn't even weaken :P actually a lot stronger just saying haha.

slamor

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yefo View Post
That may be so, but it was a failed attempt to weaken bruisers. Bruiser != AD Caster

Instead of making bruisers weaker, champions like Talon suffer the most from the change from BT to Sanguine.

(besides, Lee was weakened enough by removal of wards and inability to jump almost any wall with 'w', he's average at best now)
I believe leesin can still Q an enemy over the speed shrine wall as long as an enemy is standing next to it. Had a darius pull me to the wall and then I got hit by leesin's Q.