How do YOU build your Rammus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SnugglyBunnies

01-24-2013

Hi I am a Rammus jungle lover, ok.

So, I wondered, how do you build your Rammus, ok.

Ok, so I build with normal machete start, get Philo stone and upgrade jungle thingy to first level. Then Ninja Boots, Sunfire, Randuin, Upgrade to Golem Stone, Philo into Elisa's at like 13, Frozen Mallet and Warmog/Rylai/Bulwark/Locket depending on what I want last. I like this build.

Anyone have any interesting Rammus jungle flavors they like?

X4N4T05

01-24-2013

Good build ok. I rush Thorn, then GA, Warmogs, Sunfires, Banshees

Not good for competitive play, but its a lot of fun in normals ok.
Ok.

zliplus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Philo is probably a waste on rammus. Eleisa is just a trap item completely, avoid it like the plague.

Start machete + 5 because you basically have to, and get boots 1 asap. If you can keep blues, you can leave off on upgrading machete, but otherwise you probably need to get spirit. Depending on your gold income and enemy team, get either giant's belt or finish boots (mobility/swiftness) first. After that, build according to what you need - finish golem, get homeguard, get more hp/resist combo items (sunfire, locket, aegis/bulwark, randuin, banshee), get cdr (locket/fh/iceborn).

Homeguard is amazing on rammus - it also helps out his sustain issues since the recall refills you instantly. With boots of mobility, you can reach mid outer turret within the 8s homeguard boost, so you lose very little time. Rammus wants to be ganking as much as possible, so even with blue he can sometimes find himself running out constantly ganking every lane.

SnugglyBunnies

01-24-2013

I tried without an early philo my last game, I feel starved for gold. Don't wanna cope with starvation honestly.

SeCKS Egai

01-24-2013

Machete 5 pots are practically required these days as a start. What I get next is really dependent on the team. While sunfire is great for improving clear times, I'm very like to build a mallet for the first key item to help keep the target from getting away. Upgrading machete to the stone is useful, and having a philo can help compensate with both gold and sustain.

It tends to depend on how long I expect the game to last, as I'm going to build a bit differently for the shorter games than if I'm planning out for long term.

Pobbes

01-24-2013

I'm still adjusting to the new jungle, but I still rush thornmail on rammus. Then, sunfire, iceborn and abyssal. The damage is excellent, but I do end up pretty squishy.

Sjafi

01-24-2013

I can only say what has worked for me(very well!). Machete/5 pots as usual. On first back, grab boots and try to finish your spirit stone. Work on the spirit of the ancient golem, grab boots of mobility for stronger ganks. Get homeguard. Rammus with homeguard will bring you into fights and back to your jungle faster than most champs could dream of.

From here I like to build him more offensively. Pick the movement speed item of your choice, follow up with a situational tanky item. Everyone underestimates Ram's ability to deal damage with armor and attack speed.

Runes I use: attack speed reds/blues, armor yellows/quints. 21% AS, 24 armor.

9/21/0 masteries.

SeCKS Egai

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobbes View Post
I'm still adjusting to the new jungle, but I still rush thornmail on rammus. Then, sunfire, iceborn and abyssal. The damage is excellent, but I do end up pretty squishy.
All tanks end up pretty squishy these days compared to previous seasons really.

SnugglyBunnies

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjafi View Post
I can only say what has worked for me(very well!). Machete/5 pots as usual. On first back, grab boots and try to finish your spirit stone. Work on the spirit of the ancient golem, grab boots of mobility for stronger ganks. Get homeguard. Rammus with homeguard will bring you into fights and back to your jungle faster than most champs could dream of.

From here I like to build him more offensively. Pick the movement speed item of your choice, follow up with a situational tanky item. Everyone underestimates Ram's ability to deal damage with armor and attack speed.

Runes I use: attack speed reds/blues, armor yellows/quints. 21% AS, 24 armor.

9/21/0 masteries.
I never really think of building offensive items on Rammus, I guess it's just my brain telling me "get fatter with fat fat tanky fatness." I guess maybe a Rylai? Liandry? Hmm, now I am thinking.

Sjafi

01-24-2013

Sunfire cape, thornmail, spirit of elder lizard, zephyr, statik shiv -- all are exceptional. Wriggles also can prove useful. The nice thing about rammus is extra armor = extra damage, so having lots of AS works well with him.