First Win of the Day: Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempestphile

11-16-2012

but the random SR player 001 comes to game, and then trash other SR player in a game, then endlessly shouting Dominion sucks, its only for kids, and they go on a discussion about how bad this mode is....

That would be devastating

Veni13

11-16-2012

So what you're saying is that a non-dominion-playing person will come to get his Dominion FWoTD IP in a game filled with people equally new to the map and potentially diss the game mode? Better he play than not. Either he learns to play effectively (no one wants to play 5 games to get a FWoTD) and adjusts his attitude as he does so, or he leaves Dominion never to return; move on to scenario with "Potential Recruit" #2.

Can't win them all, but more people will definitely know how CS works, more people will be playing it at any given time, and we'll have an influx of serious Dominion players.

Cue thriving competitive scene and major Dominion tournaments.

Tempestphile

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veni13 View Post
So what you're saying is that a non-dominion-playing person will come to get his Dominion FWoTD IP in a game filled with people equally new to the map and potentially diss the game mode? Better he play than not. Either he learns to play effectively (no one wants to play 5 games to get a FWoTD) and adjusts his attitude as he does so, or he leaves Dominion never to return; move on to scenario with "Potential Recruit" #2.

Can't win them all, but more people will definitely know how CS works, more people will be playing it at any given time, and we'll have an influx of serious Dominion players.

Cue thriving competitive scene and major Dominion tournaments.
I wish he would, but the bonus is still there, and given how hard IP is earned these days, he will still come back to troll more.

Besides if he is pair'ed up with say another person who just start and want to learn Dominion, his negativity could pull the other new guy away.

I support this idea, but i am just trying to say it can go both ways

daves3hd

11-16-2012

Tbh I wouldn't like the idea in that manner.
While its true there is much more content to unlock with ip as we go, now not just runes and champs but wards and who knows what the future holds. So I wouldn't mind a bonus on both game modes.

What I suggest is for example a first win of the day bonus on both maps what gives 10% more IP or something small like that. another 150ip unlock would be too much and smaller amounts land in to a awkward place maybe. in total since SR would be getting this as well it's promoting both game styles to play for a first win.

R3NIK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Definitely want more reds to see this idea. I love Dominion and would like it to get more exposure, along with ranked queues.

KaWraith

11-16-2012

honestly, if they just raised the IP gain from dominion, people would come to dominion as it would be easier to "farm IP"... with any luck some of these IP farming folks would think dominion was more fun and stick around.

Malah

11-16-2012

Because bots toss the purposes for doing this other than "get free IP" out the window. Making it exclusive to PvP games will mean players who don't level with PvP won't be affected and the "SR leftover Elo" will swell with more derpass SR players seeking free IP who don't know what they're doing. There are upsides, but there are more effective ways to spend time if Dominion marketing is the goal.

Hawktitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Hopefully someone from Riot is still reading this. My proposal -

Each mode has a First Win bonus (Dom, TT, SR) - 125 points are earnable. Only 60 can be earned if you play a game vs bots and the remainder can be earned later in a game with other players. So 375 IP a day if you win completely against humans and 180 IP a day for three wins vs bots. Tweak numbers as desired.

Also you can't win a dominion game by just derping around. As any dominion player knows a 4v5 just isn't winnable.

ElevenOfClubs

11-16-2012

Here's my Idea:

Reduce FWotD to 130 IP
Give 10 IP for first win of the day in each map (can be won independently of FWotD).
Give 10 IP for first win of the day in each map vs people.

Net effect: if you play 1 game mode PvP exclusive: no change.
-10 IP/day if you play 1 map bots exclusive, +10 IP/day if you farm all three maps on bots.
Max additional IP: 40/day.

A small increase in IP for those who enjoy multiple modes, but not so large that many people would feel obligated, especially if they hate the mode (I'd never get the SR PvP bonus ^^).

Phourc

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElevenOfClubs View Post
Here's my Idea:

Reduce FWotD to 130 IP
Give 10 IP for first win of the day in each map (can be won independently of FWotD).
Give 10 IP for first win of the day in each map vs people.

Net effect: if you play 1 game mode PvP exclusive: no change.
-10 IP/day if you play 1 map bots exclusive, +10 IP/day if you farm all three maps on bots.
Max additional IP: 40/day.

A small increase in IP for those who enjoy multiple modes, but not so large that many people would feel obligated, especially if they hate the mode (I'd never get the SR PvP bonus ^^).
I like the idea that there'd be no change if you chose to ignore the sytem, but man, doing all 3 wins of they day versus players? That's probably worse than any WoW dailies I've ever done xP