First Win of the Day: Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

11-15-2012

More IP gains? Sign me up!

Bu Gao Xing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-15-2012

I like this idea, it's like an incentive to lure some people back to dominion and remind them it's here.

ShiznazTM

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Interesting idea. I'll ask around
Oh wow hm where was this a year ago when it was asked?

When are the 9600 IP champs that you're preparing this for? It's obvious it's going to happen sooner or later thanks Hippalus.

Utico

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Adding a First Win of the Day just encourages people to play the bots more then queue up for normal Dominion. Only takes 10 minutes to finish a Dominion game against intermediate bots.

Thalandor46

11-15-2012

OH GOD! Keeping up with 1 win a day is difficult enough, please don't make me feel obligated to get 2!

Zeoroot

11-15-2012

I do like this idea, sounds interesting.

Aetherion1234567

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utico View Post
Adding a First Win of the Day just encourages people to play the bots more then queue up for normal Dominion. Only takes 10 minutes to finish a Dominion game against intermediate bots.
Well, here's my proposal for Riot then: rework the FWOTD system so that you get more IP if your first win is against actual players and less if your first win is against bots. Balance the numbers so that playing co-op won't gimp you terribly, but so that you would win a bit more by playing against other humans (and it makes sense from a risk-reward standpoint). Also note that in the change I am proposing, you could get either a FWOTD from bots or from PVP, but not both (though each game mode could still have its own FWOTD, as was the original idea in this thread). That way, people don't feel they have to "farm" FW from every game mode's coop and PVP.

Westlin

11-15-2012

Issue I see is players spamming Jayce, Teemo and Kass for the win and then being done for the day if we could make it limited to draft however that would be awesome.

Westlin

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Interesting idea. I'll ask around
Who are these other Rioters who ask around? Do any of them post on the forums or are they mainly unknown to the community?

Veni13

11-16-2012

A FWoTD for each map? I think that would be an awesome way for less-played maps -- TT and CS -- to become more popular and maybe even pick up a few full-timers from SR along the way.