Tired of wimpy/cute Yordles. New Yordle Champ: BRIX, The Image of Chaos

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doomwolf

11-15-2012

Are you tired of wimpy little yordles?
Well, Brix isn't anywhere close to wimpy.
In fact, Brix is quite scary.
So scary, both Demacia and Noxus are hesitant to employ his arms in battle.

In youth, Brix wandered the barren battlefields alone, fighting as a mercenary mostly for coin, Yet even after earning quite a fortune he grew discontent. He was still laughed at for his.. "Miniature" appearance. He wanted to be reckoned. Battle after battle he fought and trained, his cut, refined muscles were testament to his dedication. Yet it still wasn't enough. Even after being acknowledged and feared amongst the battlefield, He still yearned for something more. Not just someone he could call an "Enemy". Someone who could call his equal. Beyond a rival. A friend, No.. not even that, A brother of war.

Days passed. Weeks even.. But that was unimportant, Regardless of time or date, It will always repeat in his mind. Someone he could call enemy. Someone he could call friend. Someone he could call "equal". Someone, To him, He could call brother. Yet, it didn't matter. His want must be mutual. So he cleared the battlefield, Defeating enemies left and right. Then, Standing within the fog of war, he stood before him, amongst the tattered armaments and mountain of bodies. Brix challenged him to a One on One duel. His opponent accepted. As they circled the field waiting for the other to flinch, Brix yelled out, "Well, Are you going to get a real weapon or what?".
His opponent laughed, and replied. "This IS a real weapon". The two charged at one another, but to no avail there was no victor... But something wasn't right. Regardless of the outcome being a draw, Brix still felt under him. The two departed, with nothing more then a chuckle and a grin. However, even then, In his mind, the constant thought repeated.. I must get stronger, To be his equal, I must get stronger!

Three years have passed, and Brix joined the league with a new pair of iron fists and a dream he could call his own. To one day be his enemies equal. His friends equal. His brother, Jax's equal.

Brix is a melee yordle tank that switches between tanky and offensive in the heat of battle.
However he does not work like jayce or Elise. And he is not a bruiser.

Heres how he works.

He has an ability that toggles between his health/armor/magic resist and pure offensive stats. In battle he must choose when to properly use the skill, and in doing so will become a great duelist.

Passive: When next to a structure, gain one of these effects.
Ally structure (Tower, Inhib, Nexus) Gain: Health, Armor, Magic Resist.
Enemy Structure (Tower, Inhib, Nexus) Gain: Damage, Attack/Move speed.

Q:

10-15+ Second CD

"Charge Crash"

Passive: Gain 1/2/3/4/5 Gold for each nearby enemy minion/monster slain.

Active: Brix gathers energy within his Hextech Pulverizers, Increasing his armor by 10/15/20/25/30%. He can still auto attack but at 50% less damage. Releasing it it again throws Brix forward like a catapult. (Like varus piercing shot)

(For this skill i intended it to be a mobile/engage skill but it could work several different ways, I wanted to give him an "Energy" mechanic, but i would probably call it "Power". For each nearby minion/monster slain he would gain 1 energy, which he would use to power up his skills or enable the "Second" effect of a skill. If the concept is liked i will work more on this idea)

W:
Toggle 6 second CD

"Army of One"

Brix toggles between offensive and defensive stance.
Offensive: Increases his offensive stats by XX% and increases his movement speed by X%, but lowers his defensive stats by XX%.

Defensive: Increases his health by 15/20/25/30/35%, and his armor/magic resist by 20/30/40/50/60. This lowers his offensive stats by 50% and decreases his movement speed by XX%.

E:

Tear Down

Activate 10 second CD

Brix grapples onto an enemy, Latching onto them(Follows them) and slowing down their movement speed by XX%. Pressing the skill again will cause Brix Hextech Pulverizers to erupt, Knocking Brix back and causing XX dmg, silencing the enemy for 3 seconds.

R:

Yordaclysm

60+ Second CD
Activate

Brix Hextech Pulverizers begin to pull in energy. He is able to move around at 20% overall slower movement speed, but enemies he collides with are drawn in towards him. Pressing it again, or 3 seconds after the initial activate, The Hextech Pulverizers explode, launching both Brix and his enemies XX yards away, dealing XX damage and reducing their defensive stats by 60%.

Heres an "Idea" of what Brix may look like. This is just a concept for a non cute/wimpy yordle. The idea is up for grabs in terms of design, story, and skillset. I even thought of making Brix female in spite of all the "Sexy" female champs that have been released.

Now i had to draw this with mouse and on MS paint as i don't have access to my normal computer with photoshop and my wacom tablet

Brix weapon is called the "Hextech Pulverizers" they're a fist-like mechanical weapon that both emits and absorbs energy.

Tear Down idea reference is from.. "G-Gundam" and "BIG - O!"
Big 0's sudden impact: www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1GACOk3JG0#t=2m55s
G Gundam Erupting burning finger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwyVV5_orBo

Some reason upload is small.. lets try this..
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h.../brixcolor.png

silentparanoia

11-15-2012

Veigar is neither wimpy nor cute.

Osprii

11-15-2012

And Teemo isn't wimpy. And Heim is definitely not cute. And Rumble has a freaking mech suit. Did I mention Poppy?
Damn Poppy.

But aside from that, seems like a pretty cool idea.
The Q,E, and R have unique knockback/gap closer ideas. But, you might want to tone down his W. 35% extra health? Too much. Also, toggles don't have to have 6 second cooldowns, especially one that could get him killed by giving him a deficiency of armor.

Doomwolf

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprii View Post
And Teemo isn't wimpy. And Heim is definitely not cute. And Rumble has a freaking mech suit. Did I mention Poppy?
Damn Poppy.

But aside from that, seems like a pretty cool idea.
The Q,E, and R have unique knockback/gap closer ideas. But, you might want to tone down his W. 35% extra health? Too much. Also, toggles don't have to have 6 second cooldowns, especially one that could get him killed by giving him a deficiency of armor.

you're right some of the stat increases/decreases are unbalanced but thats also why i put XX values for most of them and figured i'd leave that up to the actual designers to balance out. The only reason i gave a definate % on health was because I wanted his toggle (W) to be what he would be speccing into. Being a trade-off champion he would need to decide whether to be pure offensive or pure defensive. The player would have to decide whether or not they want to sacrifice MOST of their damage for longevity and sustain, or sacrifice survivability for raw damage. Items of course will compensate if necesarry, and of course the devs (if this idea were even used) would balance it out. (there's a reason im not making $$$ at riot! Cuz im not a designer! XD) So leaving that up to them I wanted to just introduce some unique gameplay elements to a champion that seems fun to play imo.

My original concept for the champion was a Noxian yordle that was probably the nemesis of poppy or something, story aside i just wanted a dark/realistic themed yordle and no, veigar is not scary lol hes actually one of my favorite champions because his whole evil villain persona is quite hilarious. And as I said before, I also was thinking a female champion originally, to offset all of the sexy/busty female champs we've had as of late and introduce more of a... "butch" champ i guess you could say. Even a "black" champ, just some of archetypes LoL hasn't seen yet, or has very little of.

As I said before, Many of the skills I suggested are there to be altered/edited/refined. I personally like the Q, E, and R. W is something I kind of came up last minute. Cooldowns and stats are to be determined. Thanks if you like the idea and for feedback! XD

Kersplakastani

11-16-2012

Good concept, but his lore implies that Jax is a Yordle.

InHeaven

11-16-2012

Brix will be shat!

PS: Like the concept tho

Doomwolf

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kersplakastani View Post
Good concept, but his lore implies that Jax is a Yordle.
Its supposed to imply brotherhood in arms rather then in blood

Doomwolf

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InHeaven View Post
Brix will be shat!

PS: Like the concept tho
omg lol! didn't even think of that, even if this concept isnt used, the name HAS to just for this

Doomwolf

11-19-2012

tacos

KatoVez

11-21-2012

Ya it's a cool idea... But u-u Brix is not a playable yordle in the game. We need one, just a good new Yordle champion. Do u think riot looks at the ideas we come up with and make them into reality for the game. T_T im sad... It has been so long sence a new yordle has been created. And now I hear the next champion is a mermaid! "sigh"