A Modest syndra proposal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LimesV

11-18-2012

Bump!

Litoeon

11-18-2012

I main Syndra quite well....

What are you people talking about?

Giving her anything more then what she has would make her completely OP in every situation you just described. That stun you guys refer to is one of the best ( longest range mind you ) stuns in the game. She is all about positioning, if you get a nice ult on a Carry of some sort and launch all of them balls into the team fight, win mode activating as everyone is stunned.

Her Q also does too much damage going from rank 4 to rank 5... with the increase in base damage then you add the passive kicking in, she starts to become a small god after level 9 if you leveled that up first.

I kind of agree with the W change as it needs to be closer to you, but i rarely have problems hitting people with it and if you do you can follow up with another q then E then an Ult for a quick kill.

anymore duration on her balls would make her ult waaaay to OP....

just my 2cents

Litoeon

11-18-2012

in conclusion...

Don't do anything to syndra, she's fine where she's at. Just play her right and with full cooldowns....

LimesV

11-18-2012

Just because you can be good with her doesn't mean SHE is good. A good competent player should be able to do well with any character in the game but that doesn't mean in a real situation should you actually choose that character. Syndra is a decent character but in real play there is no reason to use her over the other mids. She fills no niche because her burst damage isn't much more than any other AP and her utility is just stun and an okish slow. Compare that to Orianna who has a tiny bit less damage but massive utility on every ability except Q or anivia who also sacrifices a bit of damage for a wall that can literally changes the course of a battle and an ult that does awesome damage while slowing an entire team what does Syndra really bring? A little more burst damage and a stun. I never meant to say her damage was bad. Her problem is that only one person really takes that damage and her utility is practically non existent.

Illegal Doctor

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansaa View Post
Right! I completely forgot about how the spheres lay around after an ult. Adding some extra effects to Dark Spheres would be incredibly helpful... that slowing and damage and vision would make her so much better, and let her fulfill her role of "disrupting" combat better.
I've always hated how the orbs just laid around after ulting. There is just so much missed potential there. Her cooldowns are relatively long and you'll usually blow your entire kit when you're using your ult. You have literally nothing you can do with the ton of pretty floating orbs just chilling around. I've always thought orbs should last longer before they fizz out, since her cooldowns are drastically longer than their lifespans.

Having the orbs innately do something like a slow or an aura would be great and would make Syndra's play actually have some depth to it. It's really just clicking and chucking things around. There is no decision-making with her kit; it's all spamming as fast as you can (which isn't very fast) and trying not to die while you put yourself into a good postion to Scatter/get close enough to throw Ignite and ult.

LimesV

11-18-2012

Yeah I always hated how she is a "high skill cap" champ but the only thing that makes her hard to use is that if you miss something you blew your entire combo lol. Having the dot and slow would actually encourage syndras to use alot of critical thinking to place her orbs in strategic positions and be rewarded for that intelligent play.

It would also be nice if they increased her orb duration another second but past that I think she would be too 1v1 broken.

Invictrix

11-18-2012

Well elementz has moved her up to tier 3 and basically said she will be op next season until they nerf DFG, so I am kind of divided on her.

On one hand she will be op, but on the other hand that is only because of how she can exploit an item that might get nerfed.

LimesV

11-18-2012

Yeah she is only broken in 1v1 with dfg though that's her issue. shes a good 1v1 champ but pretty meh/bad in teamfights(when compared to other champs of her role).

LimesV

11-20-2012

Bump! (desu)