How to Darius

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epsilon2012

11-15-2012

I really only play Jungle Darius...

AD Marks
Armor Seals
MR/lvl Glyphs
AD Quints

-Start Cloth+5 Pots

QWQE for lvl 4 jungle path

QWE for early lvl 3 red and gank.

Azerax53

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieydg View Post
First thing I'd like to say is that a lot of people say that ranged champions(teemo/vlad/ad kennen/jayce) counter Darius because of his low mobility. I'll tell you that this is not your biggest weakness. beating ranged champs can be very easy if you just do not let them bully you.

Runes. I run, armor pen reds. flat armor yellows. cdr blues. and ad quints.

Building Darius is quite simple.
I start with boots obviously. and try to play safe farm while harassing. just like any normal lane.
if you play everything right farm well and maybe get first blood. you win.

Second back and on> Ninja tabi/ merc treads. your choice. im sure you know how to pick boots.
My first major item on Darius is a

*Phage into Frozen mallet.*
I get frozen mallet for a few reasons.
It makes you tanky early on. and it allows you to STICK on your target. Darius's low mobility allows champs to break free when running and they think that is their strong point is distance. Frozen mallet combined with his slow on W. and his pull allow you to auto attack and stack your dot very fast between skills.

Another thing Frozen Mallet allows is kiting. say you're behind and you simply cannot duel your opposition. get him to fight you and dump your skills into him and then walk away, just out of auto attack range is fine. until your skills are back up. then dump them again. sometimes you'll get lucky and you can wear them down with your dot. This is a great technique and is very easy to master.

after FM its really your choice how to build. builds I find myself doing are

Boots
Dorans
Frozen Mallet
----------------------- ---------------------
Maw or maumortius(SP) / Warmogs
Guardian Angel / Atma's Impaler
Last whisper / Other tanky items
Warmogs / Guardian Angel

A lot of people suggest building a blood thirster and going into riven style play because he scales so well with ad. but I feel like this build really throws away any kind of survivability.
You have made a lot of good points about Darius and i agree with your strategy to a point you really are building way too much armor penetration on him and not enough attack damage. His passive from E already gives him arm pen you don't need more than what it gives you really. Instead of arm pen marks go for AD marks and also again he doesn't need last whisper either again because of his E.

Also Randuin's > Frozen mallet. Both have slow but rand's has a slow active and gives you quite a bit of sustain i usually will build randuin's before frozen mallet especially against an AD team. I would build mallet first if i need more attack damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer087 View Post
Q>E>W>AA>Q>R.. GG.. lol but in all seriousness just build high dmg, get a little sustain. Ur mobility outside of flash sucks ducks so think of urself as a melee assasin. No one likes to see Darius come out of the side bush mid team fight and just R R R R R PENTA their team.
seriously? an assassin? NO he doesn't have enough burst damage to be considered an assassin and you don't build high damage items you put the high damage in your masteries and marks and build mostly tanky items. This is the most effective way to build darius because darius scales amazingly on his own so he really doesn't need the extra damage. Look at how team dignitas and team solomid built darius with lots of health and sustain and trust me that's the way you do it. Here's his core items:

Merc. treads/ninja tabi
Phage > Frozen Mallet
Heart of Gold > Randoluin's Omen
Hexdrinker > Maw of Malmortius (especially if opposing team is AP)
Sunfire cape (if opposing team is AD)

Last item can either be:
Bloodthirster
Guardian Angel

Here's the runes i use:
greater mark of Strength (for higher beginning AD)
greater seal of resiliance (for some beginning sustain)
greater Glyph of shielding (scaling magic resist)
greater quintessence of swiftness (for increased mobility)

Here are my masteries:
Attack: 21 Defense: 9 utility: 0

Ramachese

11-16-2012

Mobafire.com is your friend. It generally provides a good starting point that you can then alter as you get more experience with the character and find a build up are comfortable with.

TheJGWentworth

11-16-2012

I like to build at least 1 gp10 item, like if I'm laning against a riven I'll build HoG, but if I'm laning against a rumble or singed I'll build Philo. Nobody can tell you how to play a champ because it's all about how you like to play but next time you play him you should complete 1 item, and then build GA. Just watch how scary you are in fights when they have to kill you 2x

Grollm

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramachese View Post
Mobafire.com is your friend. It generally provides a good starting point that you can then alter as you get more experience with the character and find a build up are comfortable with.
You're better off using lolpro.com. Mobafire any derp derp can write a guide. Actually the number rated guide for Twisted Fate on Mobafire is the Twisted Fate AD guide(which is an obvious troll build). Lolpro guides are written by actual pro league players. I would take their advice over some kid that probably has no idea what he's talking about. Also in reference to how to play Darius, I've literally seen maybe 2 good Darius'in the entire time he has been out. Every Darius player seems to think that his ult HAS to reset and it HAS to be a kill. And then the typical Darius player goes 23/3/0, while the adc is 2/4/25, and the apc is 1/3/24 and he wonders why his team is losing. If you're going to play Darius learn how to dominate with him early game and then learn how to back out and let your team pick up the late game, because Darius' late game is atrocious and if you are the only with damage and kills on your team you are just going to get focused and your carries aren't going to be able to dish out enough damage to be able to keep up with the enemy carries. Just my two cents. Take it for what's worth...which is probably 2 cents ; )

Tookmyname

11-16-2012

If im ever really bored and decide to play darius I do so as a really tanky bruiser. You should have a strong aggressive early game but, like Grollm said, back off late game and just ensure your carries can get fed. I play him with 9/21/0 mastiers and ad marks/armor seals/mr per lvl glyphs and move speed quints. start with regrowth pendant and a health potion and build into philo and boots of speed on your first back. start shooting for heart of gold then phage and finish your boots and frozen mallet. now i do like to build a ghostblade on him for a little offense but aside from that its pure tank. items depends on who you're facing and who's getting fed obviously but my fav items on him are atmas, warmogs, force of nature, maw of malmortius in no particular order.

Grollm

11-16-2012

I know in the old Twisted Treeline Darius was a god tier bruiser in ranked, but I don't know how he fares in the new 3s. I only played it once and I hated it.

Tookmyname

11-16-2012

hes pretty ridiculous in the new 3s too lol

Agent Pwnage

11-21-2012

pure ap and magic pen runes as well as masteries. Don't play darius as a top or jungle, that's for chumps. What people rly didn't realise is that in Darius's kit, all the abilities scale 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000001 ap making him a great ap carry. Since he can be an ap carry you have to go bot with him because he counters everything due to the fact he is related to Draven. Your skill priority as a ap carry bot laner is to max your Flash first as it can help you return to lane faster. Build 7 rabbadons deathcaps even if it can't fill in your slots. In team fights I recommend you focus the tankiest target first such as singed or alistar. By killing the tank this will give your team a huge advantage as you are now dead so you can't chop your teamates heads off. For summoner spells get flash and ghost inorder to return to lane when you recall. DO NOT USE THESE FOR ESCAPING. Darius already has a move that instantly teleports him back to base after not being in the map for a while. This move is so good the summoner announcer has to say "_______ has been slain by _______" in order for you to truly escape. You only can cast this move when you have -1 hp so make sure you time it just right. Make sure you aren't tanky at all for full maximum ap damage. Your ult is best to use when they are high in hp as it makes them bleed. This shows success so immediatly use it. Also the cd on your ult isnt long at all so just use it to harass in lane until you can kill them. This is the best way to play darius. It's so good that even pros aren't able to do it becuz it takes to much skill. The meta can't handle it because it's just that good. Trust me on this. (im not kidding)

trg1234

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Pwnage View Post
pure ap and magic pen runes as well as masteries. Don't play darius as a top or jungle, that's for chumps. What people rly didn't realise is that in Darius's kit, all the abilities scale 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000001 ap making him a great ap carry. Since he can be an ap carry you have to go bot with him because he counters everything due to the fact he is related to Draven. Your skill priority as a ap carry bot laner is to max your Flash first as it can help you return to lane faster. Build 7 rabbadons deathcaps even if it can't fill in your slots. In team fights I recommend you focus the tankiest target first such as singed or alistar. By killing the tank this will give your team a huge advantage as you are now dead so you can't chop your teamates heads off. For summoner spells get flash and ghost inorder to return to lane when you recall. DO NOT USE THESE FOR ESCAPING. Darius already has a move that instantly teleports him back to base after not being in the map for a while. This move is so good the summoner announcer has to say "_______ has been slain by _______" in order for you to truly escape. You only can cast this move when you have -1 hp so make sure you time it just right. Make sure you aren't tanky at all for full maximum ap damage. Your ult is best to use when they are high in hp as it makes them bleed. This shows success so immediatly use it. Also the cd on your ult isnt long at all so just use it to harass in lane until you can kill them. This is the best way to play darius. It's so good that even pros aren't able to do it becuz it takes to much skill. The meta can't handle it because it's just that good. Trust me on this. (im not kidding)
I'm guessing this is a trolling build