Advanced: Guide to Writing Guides

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

04-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorno View Post
Not to be a vocabulary prig, but I think you mean "uniform" not "unilateral". Unilateral means one-sided. As in, "The U.S. unilaterally decided to invade country X for ****s and giggles. They were sad when they realized they were all alone."

I'm not sure what a "unilateral" approach to guides is, but it might involve writing guides that show people how to 1v5.

I like the guide in general though
Yes, I meant uniform

Lameador

04-24-2010

What's the point of recalling the skills description and effects ?

Everybody interested in a guide about a champion knows them

Eleventh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2010

I would also recommend adding a "summary" section at the top of each guide for players who want a quick and dirty reference sheet. An example is in my Amumu guide: http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/1657

JOHNWALLLOL

01-12-2011

how do you include pictures of the abilities in your guide? like to embed them and see them in your actual post?

isobold

03-18-2011

I wrote a Guide which should takes care of the part you left out: Formating ^^
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...04#post7061304
I would really be pleased to see guide-creators use it ...

Boomsey

09-05-2011

I think the official league of legends forum should partner up with Mobafire. All my friends and I go to Mobafire and almost never here to look for champ guides.

Blue Scarf

12-19-2013

Bump