Advanced: Guide to Writing Guides

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frozt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

08-03-2009

Nice job. I made my own format for my Ashe guide and got carried away with detail. I'm about 2/3 way done and need Pen to increase forum character size to 25,000 or 30,000 because i'm sitting at the cap of 20,000 atm unable to finish it. lol.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-03-2009

Ouch, that sucks :P

JonTehKnight

08-03-2009

+1

Very nice and straightforward layout. I hope this gets stickied.

Pobelter

08-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozt View Post
Nice job. I made my own format for my Ashe guide and got carried away with detail. I'm about 2/3 way done and need Pen to increase forum character size to 25,000 or 30,000 because i'm sitting at the cap of 20,000 atm unable to finish it. lol.
post half of it in one post, and reply to it again with the other half

The Swedish Chef

08-03-2009

Yeah, just make 2 separate posts. I thought I was going to have to do that for my Anivia guide, but I think I was JUST short of the cap.

Also, great guidelines, Larias. I think I followed just about everything you put up there too, without even having seen this before I posted.

Larias

Adjudicator

08-03-2009

I really want a unified format - it will help players browse from champion to champion.

Frozt

The Council

08-03-2009

Naw, my situation is different. I made a mistake by posting it and updating as I went and people posted but Pendragon fixed it. Ty pen.

redit

Adjudicator

08-04-2009

A guide guide? That's low, Larias, even for you!

Larias

Adjudicator

08-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by redit View Post
A guide guide? That's low, Larias, even for you!
I don't even get the joke ;(

The Swedish Chef

08-05-2009

Is there any chance that each of the best current guides will all get stickied or linked to off the main site or something?