How to counter Teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

07-08-2012

I usually play as ranged AP carry on mid, but when there is a Teemo there, I find it very difficult to counter. How can I own him? What strategies and which items should I focus?

Ur little sister

07-08-2012

How strange, he should be a walk in the park... I main mid, and generally your AP carries should eat Teemo alive. I'm thinking you're either making some fundamental mistakes when it comes to positioning or decisionmaking, or you by chance like playing champions who perform poorly against him. Which champions have you been losing with against him?

Judas Priest

07-08-2012

Thanks for your repply, I forgot to say that I'm a noob, so you are probably right when you say I might be doing something fundamentally wrong and taking poor decisions, that's why I need some advices

I usually play as Fiddlesticks and Vladimir. I think Teemo's blind/poison has a higher range than these champions abilities, so he can constantly harass me when I get close to him. Additionally, he is faster, so even when I try to run away, he can poison me, then he just chase my champion with consecutives auto attacks and some times he can kill me.

Ur little sister

07-08-2012

There are a couple of things you can do.
1) Try other champions. The ones you listed aren't particularly great against Teemo.
- Vladimir suffers from a generally weak early game. He snowballs into a strong midgame and an amazing lategame, but he tends to get zoned early. Teemo does outrange Vlad. My suggestion would be to allow Teemo to zone you and focus on lasthitting purely in the first levels if he kites you that effectively. You should be able to deny him later, once your sustain outheals his Q. His other sources of damage require him to get closer, where Vladimir is stronger.
- Fiddlesticks isn't played often as a mid champion anymore. His problems include lack of mobility and lack of reliable ranged damage. One thing you can try however is getting a couple of ranks in your E, and hope it bounces off of minions on Teemo. You can sustain his damage by draining minions. If he's zoning you strongly, I'd lay off levelling Fiddle's fear for a couple of levels, since Teemo won't get in range anyway. Fighting teemo head on as fiddlesticks is a bad idea early.

2) As both fiddlesticks and vladimir, watch out for ignite if Teemo has it. It counters both those champions. Hint: if Teemo (or anybody) has the improved ignite mastery, his AD/AP will rise by 5 if his ignite is on cooldown. Keeping an eye on his stats will allow you to judge when ignite is up (thus when you have to be more careful).

3) Most AP mids outscale Teemo. You don't have to fight him, as long as you keep getting at least the same amount of farm as him.

Most other AP mids do perform better against the teemo though. Both fiddlesticks and vladimir have a relatively short range, and Teemo is quite good at kiting.

Powerstoned

07-08-2012

Don't trade auto attacks with him.

Judas Priest

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur little sister View Post
There are a couple of things you can do.
1) Try other champions. The ones you listed aren't particularly great against Teemo.
- Vladimir suffers from a generally weak early game. He snowballs into a strong midgame and an amazing lategame, but he tends to get zoned early. Teemo does outrange Vlad. My suggestion would be to allow Teemo to zone you and focus on lasthitting purely in the first levels if he kites you that effectively. You should be able to deny him later, once your sustain outheals his Q. His other sources of damage require him to get closer, where Vladimir is stronger.
- Fiddlesticks isn't played often as a mid champion anymore. His problems include lack of mobility and lack of reliable ranged damage. One thing you can try however is getting a couple of ranks in your E, and hope it bounces off of minions on Teemo. You can sustain his damage by draining minions. If he's zoning you strongly, I'd lay off levelling Fiddle's fear for a couple of levels, since Teemo won't get in range anyway. Fighting teemo head on as fiddlesticks is a bad idea early.

2) As both fiddlesticks and vladimir, watch out for ignite if Teemo has it. It counters both those champions. Hint: if Teemo (or anybody) has the improved ignite mastery, his AD/AP will rise by 5 if his ignite is on cooldown. Keeping an eye on his stats will allow you to judge when ignite is up (thus when you have to be more careful).

3) Most AP mids outscale Teemo. You don't have to fight him, as long as you keep getting at least the same amount of farm as him.

Most other AP mids do perform better against the teemo though. Both fiddlesticks and vladimir have a relatively short range, and Teemo is quite good at kiting.

Could you suggest me another champions then? I really like to solo mid with AP ranged chars.

Ur little sister

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
Could you suggest me another champions then? I really like to solo mid with AP ranged chars.
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...id-lane-196672
Guide I started writing once. Supposed to specifically help new players out who are interested in AP mid, or help out players who want to get general information.

Zoctar

07-08-2012

if you have a Soraka with you... silence teemo, attack, kill teemo

but teemo is a kind of "Anti AD caary" like veigar is "Anti-AP"

but you can kill teemo in seconds with a mage like Ryze,

Judas Priest

07-08-2012

I'm not sure if I'm correct, but I got the impression that Fiddlesticks and Vladimir are not good champions and there are better alternatives out there. Is it correct?

FlashJS

07-08-2012

smite