What is the role ADC's Play.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

heykiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Recently I have been asked by a friend of mine why should we always send a squishy adc bot, instead of a bruiser with a gap closer. Of course I thought it was a dumb question, how does he dare go against the meta?
But I realized that I couldn't answer his question, adc's could harrass their lane oponent much more easily of course, but they lacked the survivability that a bruiser such as jax (which he mentioned) could bring to the table.

I believe that adcmi ght bring more damage, but a double bruiser comp could make quick work off of the enemy carry.
Adc have a worse lane phase than bruiser, the only thing they bring is ranged harras.

So in conclusion what are the benefits of the current meta over a double bruiser comp, the second bruiser taking the place of the adc (supposing there is a tank jungling and a bruiser top lane).
Please refrain from 10 year-old like name calling (noob), I am just asking a question even though currently I am a strong believer in the meta.

iWREQ

11-15-2012

Its the damage end game that your after, a fully fed ADC with a full build will pump out WAY more dmg than a bruiser fully built. There are a few exceptions like the Ez who cant land a shot, cait falls off late game vs the darius who got 15 kills in 25 min and is just roaming around 2 shotting anything that isnt full tank. Also most bruisers are melee, forcing them to be in the mix during a TF which makes them highly susceptible to CC and just getting straight bursted down. Take ur Jax vs a Vayne . Jax is a solid toon, and 1v1 he would just stomp on vayne. But add in Vaynes supp, Sona (example) throwing out her stun, and heals, and speed buff, and her team buff items on vayne, and watch vayne make light work of the jax (equally skilled of course). Well its 2v1 u say, ok now look at team fights. Same concept the ADC is sitting behind his meat wall and pumping out 700 dmg shots at every thing he can touch, team is CC'n/peeling, kiting anything w/o a hard closer.. Opp team has all bruisers.. hit them with a CC and surely 1 will be dead before they know wt hit them. Well land a CC on the ADC u say.. thats the key. Ur adc has to have good positioning. Far enough out they cant just get swapped to, but close enough to do their job. I asked this same question a few weeks ago. Just replace Vayne w Jayce.. upon being informed and looking it up(as well as building both an ADC and a Jayce myself) the ADC did put out much better dmg. That is his role, Bring the pain. Dont get caught out of position. Save ur own a$$, worry about only urself 90% of the time. "All adcs care about is saving their own asses " - My regular Supp lol

PrincessIrelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Hey,
Great question!
You're underestimating the value of the support. The supports generally scale the worst with items, but they do the most with a lack of items. You can freeze a lane, so that a double bruiser comp couldn't do anything to you early game. The double bruiser would end up with 1 useless bruiser, while the other one might have ok cs, but probably not all that great.

I would strongly recommend trying a J4 w/ leona lane, where J4 is the ADC, and leona is the support. I know that people used to do this a lot in semi high ELO games. Most people don't think of it as a serious lane, but it's a very strong kill lane.

heykiller

11-16-2012

Thank you very much for the both great answers. I was honestly expecting being trashed for making this thread.
I will look into new comps I can get in my bot lane.

BamfofBamfs

11-16-2012

Yea, double lane bruiser bot will most likely win you bot lane early, depending on your skill and champion selection choice, but ultimately if you dont end the game relatively early, the enemy team will melt you late game once their ADC is able to pump out tons of damage behind their wall of defense

Although try garen pantheon botlane, me and a buddy tried that last night, so much fun xD

Schizos

11-16-2012

The point of a squishy adc bot like ashe coupled with a support on bot is they can nullify most double bruiser combos. Ashe hits EXTREMELY hard early on and gets better as she progresses. Cait as well. But Ashe , who's very squishy, when coupled up a support like sona, sor or vol, can keep opponent laners at below 50% (both) while maximizing her frost shot for perma slow.

This places the opposing bot laners in a very bad situation. They are forced to town more giving bot the opportunity to gank mid more and not jeapordize their lane progress or if they don't town, they are in constant jeapordy of a jungle gank and tower dive.