Why can't we see opponent's borders?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BLUE TEAM LEADER

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupathingy188 View Post
Except it angers the part of the community that worked for the borders in the previous season. Even though riot has the right to do that, I don't think they will simply because they made them as rewards.
Season rewards are based on max elo so the only thing this accomplishes is misrepresenting players for the duration of s3.
This is like slightly devaluing borders vs complete denial.

Imagine if plat was 1850 and there could only be so many plats at one time, say 5000. So you're sitting at 1900 elo but you dont get plat b/c you're # 5001.
You should get what you earn. This is like the diamond cartel.

FabulousJeremy

11-15-2012

Can't you already see borders? In the very least, in normal blind pick I've seen silver borders on the enemy team.

Vasileius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

no

Quintessence

11-15-2012

bump.

Bard

11-15-2012

I don't want the opponents to see that I have a diamond border.

If I'm playing on a ranked 5s team and I'm the only one with Diamond, their team is going to do anything they can to shut me down.

It changes the game. Players will focus certain players over certain characters.

Scary Shrimp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardwooders View Post

If I'm playing on a ranked 5s team and I'm the only one with Diamond, their team is going to do anything they can to shut me down.

It changes the game. Players will focus certain players over certain characters.
Something like this would be worrisome.

Quintessence

11-15-2012

Quote:

if hey focus on you tho then your rest of your team can farm up... or are you carrying people?

FancySheep

11-15-2012

You have to be a wizard to see them----- or a sheep.

BLUE TEAM LEADER

11-15-2012

Quote:

lolking exists so your point is invalid.

Zuphlas

11-15-2012

Basically if you can see your enemy team's borders all it does is encourage generally unsportsmanlike behavior with chat and it encourages people to single out the lowest rated players and constantly focus on them for "free kills".