Warnings and Bans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarlequinHarlot

11-15-2012

I recently got a warning from Riot about toxic behavior however the cases shown were weeks/a month ago... assuming i got reported recently.. will those cases still be brought up even though they occurred before the warning?

Goth Skunk

11-15-2012

I assume now that you've received your warning, you cannot be punished for anything further that has happened before the warning.

HarlequinHarlot

11-15-2012

that would make sense but not 100% sure what riot's standpoint is on it hoping that an employee could respond

Goth Skunk

11-15-2012

Have you consulted all the Tribunal FAQ's and/or submitted a trouble ticket asking for clarification?

HarlequinHarlot

11-16-2012

I felt that the FAQs page was unclear.. im still waiting on the support ticket

Kantala

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This is a combination of several factors; mainly, the Tribunal builds a case for a player at a certain time, but some math happens in the middle before it can be presented to players in the review queue.

While Lyte gives a vague answer to this very same question, I'd expect a little clearer answer. However, that would probably mean giving out trade secrets or something along that lines. The bottom line is, someone could play very occasionally, like less than one game a day and be reported in a very good portion of his games. This means it could take months to build a case against said player before it is presented to the tribunal. Of course, you'd potentially see less of a spread for those who play fairly regularly, like 3-5 games a day.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlequinHarlot View Post
I felt that the FAQs page was unclear.. im still waiting on the support ticket
You can't get punished for a game that happened before your punishment.

I can't find a quote on it right now, but that's how its been.

If for any reason you happen to get a punishment from before your warning, then email support and they will overturn it, as it is most likely a bug.

A bug happened some months ago that made people get banned twice, all second punishments were reversed, and now trolls try to claim their games are from before their punishments, when it is always not the case.

So seems the bug is fixed.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantala View Post
While Lyte gives a vague answer to this very same question, I'd expect a little clearer answer. However, that would probably mean giving out trade secrets or something along that lines. The bottom line is, someone could play very occasionally, like less than one game a day and be reported in a very good portion of his games. This means it could take months to build a case against said player before it is presented to the tribunal. Of course, you'd potentially see less of a spread for those who play fairly regularly, like 3-5 games a day.
that was an answer to another question.
That player wanted to know why he was punished for games that happened months ago.

However, he never got any punishments/warnings on the mean time.

In his case, his ban just took REALLY long to happpen, but once it has happened, only games after the punishment was given are counted to build new cases

MakJuice

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goth Skunk View Post
I assume now that you've received your warning, you cannot be punished for anything further that has happened before the warning.
False.

HarlequinHarlot

11-17-2012

"Thank you for contacting me about this. While I wish I could give you a direct answer, I'm afraid that is not really possible. Our system for determining when to suspend an account is based on a great number of factors. We take in to account how frequently someone gets reported, how severe the infractions are, whether the reports were for the same issue or different ones, and a great number of other things. Also, please keep in mind that malicious or erroneous reports against you will not cause you to get suspended.

My best advice to avoid a suspension would be to take whatever steps are necessary to correct the reason you are being suspended. For example, if you are having issues with being disconnected, contact your Internet Service Provider or consult a computer repair professional. If the suspensions come from the Tribunal, review the Summoner's Code and make liberal use of the /mute and /ignore commands when you have another player flaming you in a match.

I'm sorry I couldn't give you a more specific answer on this. If you have any other issues, or if you would like clarification on any of the points I have brought up, please feel free to contact me again and I would be glad to help you."

Riot's response in case anyone was curious