The Punish Button

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mattrellen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2011

Today, I found myself looking at a case. I think the guy should be pardoned. However, I figured with some people clicking punish all the time and the borderline nature of the case, he will be punished.

What to do, right?

I went and looked over the tribunal guidelines, and the very first one is "Reach a good verdict." Under this header, it says predicting the correct outcome is key. Clicking punish every time will earn you less IP than doing what others do.

I missed one case in the first batch, as well, I got 11 out of 12 judged cases. I am sure the one I missed was a guy I pardoned for AFK/leaver reports, that made a point of saying sorry for his internet, and seemed to always finish games with good scores. No other case was even questionable.

So, this one, that I think should be pardoned, I clicked punish.

The correct, the good, verdict is the one that goes with the majority.

I can't help but to think that is a poor system.

"Reach a good verdict

You will only get credit for the case if you correctly predict the outcome of the case"

CrappyMMsystem

05-31-2011

You mean trusting a community of idiots, foreigners, and children to judge things in a non-biased way didn't work out? Riot had such well-laid plans....

MoooveZiiig

05-31-2011

You should have pardoned.

The threshold is not at 50% for pardon and punish.

Medievia

05-31-2011

Poor decision.

I pardon people all the time. Some people just suck at playing, but they do not let their talk degrade into hate speech. They are not intentionally feeding, their Dmg per second shows that they are trying, their build is not aweful . . . they get a pardon from me. Riot employees have said multiple times on the forums (do a dev tracker to see for yourself) that only GOOD verdicts get rewarded. Basically quoting now: If 80% of the Tribunal votes to punish a pardonable case, Riot will override that decision and only reward the 20% who voted to pardon.

MoooveZiiig

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medievia View Post
Poor decision.

I pardon people all the time. Some people just suck at playing, but they do not let their talk degrade into hate speech. They are not intentionally feeding, their Dmg per second shows that they are trying, their build is not aweful . . . they get a pardon from me. Riot employees have said multiple times on the forums (do a dev tracker to see for yourself) that only GOOD verdicts get rewarded. Basically quoting now: If 80% of the Tribunal votes to punish a pardonable case, Riot will override that decision and only reward the 20% who voted to pardon.
Exactly.

Riot has veto rights. They aren't mad enough to let the community 100% police itself.

Dimmu Mikeir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2011

so far i haven't pardoned anyone... i always get cases of feeding, going afk, and verbal abuse. Whats worse is the chat log always supports this, as the reported player(s) who seem to never know how to stop their fingers from typing, surprisingly admit to it almost every time for me.

I had my first case just today that i was thinking of pardoning. It looked like the reported player was just being raged on by the enemy team cause they lost (he never really said anything wrong to them and none of his own team reported him). However i still punished him because late in that game he went and called someone on his own team an inappropriate word referring to a black individual, and his other (11) games weren't nearly as nice for him either.

Thought I would get to hit that pardon button for once but with 12 reported games on one person, i find their bound to have a fault somewhere.

I'd also like to point out that punishing isn't banning like a lot of people think. I figure the majorette of the reports i punished will be simple warnings...

In the end i will punish or pardon according to the case, I don't worry about what other players select. Thats like the Jurymen that say innocent or guilty just to go home (because they cant leave untill they all come to the same verdict).

So if you think you should pick pardon next time, just click pardon and screw what other players think. The cases you get are about the reported player and what YOU think about their actions. Nothing else matters.

Hope that helps with any morel conflicts summoners may be having with the tribunal anyways.

LadyEvolution

08-24-2013

Enjoy the threads carebears.