Prove your time: obscure old LoL facts

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Achieves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Taric used to have ridiculous HP regen on his ultimate and could duke it out with a Sion.

EricMack

11-16-2012

stacking up minions, tiamat was stackable

DarknessOfLight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMack View Post
stacking up minions, tiamat was stackable
tiamat is should still be stackable

Taric's ult used to be a toggle that used a massive amount of mana and gave lots of HP regen and it used to affect minions, as did Aegis aura

ForeverLaxx

11-16-2012

A lot of the big ones have already been said, and they're basically widespread common knowledge so that they're not really proof of anything other than the person parroting them manages to listen to old players now and again. Of course, this is just proof that no one seems to know what "obscure" means. I could mention the controversy and speculation regarding Nidalee's "hidden passive", or the "hidden passive" boost if you had the (at the time) 3 Ninja champions on your team, which led into the sunglass-wearing skins having a "hidden passive" against Leona. But those aren't really obscure LoL facts.

I only read about half the thread, but Ashe's Ult arrow used to be about the same size as the current Hawkshot graphic, and would encase the target in ice instead of using the generic stun animation. I personally want that stun animation back, but they used it on Sejuani so that probably won't be happening.

Phreak's Spotlight for Vladimir included building Sunfire Cape because "true vampires sparkle", which made me throw up in my mouth. It still does. The vomiting, that is.

Lord Kaiser Kydd

11-16-2012

Maining trynd.
Vayne was new.
Didn't have the sidebar ingame that showed who died.
Teamfights were so confusing.

Cooldude1234

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolby View Post
This one lasted a while. But knock-ups used to be extremely glitched, far more often than not. This sent the victim skyhigh for 5+ seconds.
Came here to post this. Blitz would punch you into the sky and you would gt stuck.

Also, Cleanse being 5 seconds immune to CC, you could not stop Nunu from ulting if he had it. And that's why trynd was wayy OP could not stop him.

And Invincible Karthus.

Typhoom

11-16-2012

Darknesssssssssssssssssssss used to be followed be 'an ally has been slain'

Fishous

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLaxx View Post
A lot of the big ones have already been said, and they're basically widespread common knowledge so that they're not really proof of anything other than the person parroting them manages to listen to old players now and again. Of course, this is just proof that no one seems to know what "obscure" means. I could mention the controversy and speculation regarding Nidalee's "hidden passive", or the "hidden passive" boost if you had the (at the time) 3 Ninja champions on your team, which led into the sunglass-wearing skins having a "hidden passive" against Leona. But those aren't really obscure LoL facts.

I only read about half the thread, but Ashe's Ult arrow used to be about the same size as the current Hawkshot graphic, and would encase the target in ice instead of using the generic stun animation. I personally want that stun animation back, but they used it on Sejuani so that probably won't be happening.

Phreak's Spotlight for Vladimir included building Sunfire Cape because "true vampires sparkle", which made me throw up in my mouth. It still does. The vomiting, that is.
What you're talking about just shows how much some people pay attention to miscellaneous ****, not how long they've been playing.

If you're going to be paranoid and butthurt, then technically there's really nothing anyone could say to prove they've been playing for X amount of time.

edit: UFO Corki and Bowser Rammus. /thread

Dalrix

11-16-2012

Wits end used to shred mana and 6 ninja tabi Jax was a viable build

MaruFrozen

11-16-2012

TF used to be able to teleport at level 1.
Jax could dodge tower blasts.
Dodge was on phantom dancers.
Innervating locket.
Zhonya's ring.
Lux's ult had a different name before.
Morgana used to have a different name and I believe her title was changed.
Ashe's volley used to all be able to hit a single target.