Prove your time: obscure old LoL facts

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hilbilystomp

11-16-2012

Rammus Permaban.

Also: Not an old change, but, never forget, Finales Funkeln!

Oathe

11-16-2012

went through the pages and didn't see it, however it is 4am and I could have missed it but.

Katarina's selection joke used to be a reference to her old champ select quote

Champ select : Time for the dance macabre
Ingame joke : Time for the dance maca....macab.......ah forget it. Most likely in reference to the actual difficulty to pronouncing and spelling..... spelling I probably did wrong myself lol

Trolosaurus

11-16-2012

Tristana used to be so worthless before she got reworked.

Oathe

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicn00b View Post
Back in the day, they wouldn't allow armored bears into the league.
PS : Why hasn't Zileas posted a response to this LOL

Aacron

11-16-2012

double hog/philo jarvan in every lane killling everything

release vayne 2shotting tanks without reprieve

5 revolver vlad being untouchable (vlad was broken once he hit 7.. kill everything)
revolver/wota vlad after unique passive on revolver

wards stopping rammus roll and skillshots

Oathe

11-16-2012

Damn I know too many of these......but last one for tonight/morning,

Gangplanks parley used to do magic damage , which resulted in insanely larger crits then now and made a lot of people also use Sorc boots for him.

GeneralFailur3

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezy102 View Post

Did archangels staff ever stack like sunfires used to? I don't think I ever tried, I don't play AP much.

?
Oh yes it did. 4 archangels staff, + zonyas ring karthus brought me my first penta.

Trolosaurus

11-16-2012

Urgot used to be recommended
-____-

Blue team had Knights, Red Team had Skeletons

SIEGE RIDERS

Mercenary Katarina and Shadow Evelynn were their classic skins when they first came out.

Evelynn, Veigar, and Cho'Gath had different voice actors in the beta. Oh and Highlander was his Q

When beta Master Yi's ult was up, everyone died, no questions asked.

Cannibalism permanently gave health equal to 100% of the damage dealt.

Durendal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

There was a goofy strat that involved all running teleport, having one champ teleport bot lane, ghost to the brush between both enemy towers, drop a ward, whole team teleports in and ganks people walking down lane. Mainly because people always walked to the tower of their lane and just sat there.

I dunno, with 63 pages im sure most of these have been said but: stacking sunfires, innervating locket, Dragon Team fights at lvl 1, etc.

Oh and I have King Rammus skin from beta...but I'm colorblind, so I don't use it much (can't really tell the difference). Apparently looks like bowser

The 4th Triumvir

11-16-2012

Warwick was the king of the jungle. I built Ryze for mana before it was cool; his Q did tons of damage and his ult only gave AP and AoE. Also, later, Ranked was 20+. Janna was viable for more than just support. Global ults. Original Luxanna was flatchested, dunno why they gave her a boob job. Also, mid was whoever picked a ranged champion. Dodge. Xin Zhao OP. Stacking Sunfire. Champs came out with 2 skins instead of 1. New champs were free the next week. Invisibility was OP. As far as I can remember, every champs damaging abilities originally did magic damage (except for maybe Warwick's ult).