Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CorruptFate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Really like the hud, the search sounds great and im excited to see all the little extra terms that get added. It also looks like I will be able to clearly tell what rank each of my skills, or other peoples, are at with it.

With the new search terms can do type something similar to "ap >50 " and it will show all items with more than 50 ap?

Fist of Doom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Reinboom View Post
Let's see...

{p}
{enter}
{b}
{o}
{enter}
{enter} (bought boots)
{enter}
{h}
{enter}
{enter} (bought pot 1)
{enter}
{h}
{enter}
{enter} (bought pot 2)
{enter}
{h}
{enter}
{enter} (bought pot 3)

The repeat of the enters is due to it removing you from the search context when you purchase.
I'll investigate adding something that purchases and stays on your current search.
If I am typing out a search term and the item is at the top of the list, it seems intuitive to press enter and have that item be purchased. Pressing enter to move from the search bar to the item list feels a bit unnecessary.

I would love to see something like this:

{p} (search bar already selected by opening store)
{b}
{o}
{enter} (bought boots)
{backspace (hold)} (clear search bar)
{h}
{enter} (bought pot 1)
{enter} (bought pot 2)
{enter} (bought pot 3)

There is a problem with this setup though. Pressing {p} after the store is open will type in the search bar instead of closing the window.

Kradzen

11-15-2012

Excellent idea guys keep up the work

Riot Reinboom

Software Engineer

11-15-2012
43 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLuikl View Post
The new item interface will only make it more difficult for newer players to get familiar with the game. The old one is easier to understand and read imo.
Usability from a new user perspective was actually a significant concern of ours. We've done extensive tests to confirm or deny ideas as we worked through them.
Overall the new item shop has been a major boon for new players in these tests.

Acras7

11-15-2012

They made the hud smaller
my life is complete

IonDragonX

11-15-2012

@ Riot
I have this suggestion:
IF you are using dots to indicate the level of the champion's skill, then change the color of those dots as you level them up. E.G.:
One Blue dot -> Two Green Dots -> Three Yellow Dots -> Four Orange Dots -> Five Red Dots or a Red Riot Symbol

FlamingAbys

11-15-2012

So goooood! :d

FlamingAbys

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
@ Riot
I have this suggestion:
IF you are using dots to indicate the level of the champion's skill, then change the color of those dots as you level them up. E.G.:
One Blue dot -> Two Green Dots -> Three Yellow Dots -> Four Orange Dots -> Five Red Dots or a Red Riot Symbol

too confusing, too much colour, it's better all as one colour.

Ne0va

11-15-2012

is there any graphic updates for those of us who have their HUD swapped around? ie. Map on the left?
At the moment the borders of the HUD items are cut off and look a bit odd.

Halcyonix

11-15-2012

Just a suggestion, but perhaps in the future we could have a way to put our own builds for each champions in the recommended item bar. It would make it a lot easier for us to locate our items. That and have a mini-buy button somewhere near the bottom of that picture in the reccomended item section, allowing us to just click that to buy the item instead of having to click twice.

edit: Well, I read through the rest of the post now. Still it is a suggestion.

Love the update though