Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cotylius

11-15-2012

I think that the new menu would be a bit too hard to understand. In fact it reminds me of the menu of DotA 2 which I hated and is the reason I quit after my second game. The menu is really easy to understand to newcomers and is an advantage against other MMORTS.

I think the only thing that should be added to the current menu is to defence -> Defence/support, adding an "Aura" category.
Attack -> armor pen category
Magic -> Magic pen Category.

Still the new menu would be fun but in an "advanced" category.

Also adding a buying list of item would be useful and strategic as you chose to set a list of auto-buying item near the spawn pool at the beginning of the game or Defend/invade junglers buffs. Also you can only set this list when at the pool so you could lose a lot of time returning into the lane but earn you some time the second time you recall/respawn as the set items are auto-bought in the set order you wanted to purchase them. But also you may want to make change into this list considering the game development so you need to be careful of when you stop your auto-buying list to make sure you get the right item for the game. Maybe kinda hard to understand.

Anyways, my point here was the fact that the already existing menu was pretty well done and is in fact pretty attractive to new player opposed to DotA 2 and others games I didn't play such as HoN. Donc make it too much difficult to understand.

Exacerberus

11-15-2012

Quote:
Idenn:
If i search "double swords" It better show me zeal...
Then also Lich Bane and PD...

Hercanic

11-15-2012

One thing that has bugged me on countless occassions is how the shop completely blinds you to your character, surroundings, and other HUD elements (such as TAB scoreboard for counterbuilding pops up behind the item shop, of all things; on smaller resolutions like 1366x768 on a laptop, the shop window overlaps the skill and upgrade bars). How about a shop transparency option? Just enough to discern anything that I might need to respond to.

Arcanition

11-15-2012

inb4 people compare the skill level lights to dota2

Dominus Ryuk

11-15-2012

I am a inspired programmer and I am curious as to which program are you using to develop the in-game GUI. Is Riot using its own meshed within your engine(if you are using one) or some other proprietary software (which I doubt, but idk)?

On the same subject I have looked at what languages Riot gaming has used for the entire game, but could you probably just tell me(other programmers as well) a teaser as to what specifically you use these languages for. Hope for a bit more than C++ to handle combat stuff, etc (excuse the loose description, haven't played with 3D graphics yet)

Thanks!

SaxManDan

11-15-2012

I like it. Hopefully we'll be seeing all these changes soon. Can't wait to find new builds for my favorite champions

ThridTimer

11-15-2012

can we make our recommend build?

E n

11-15-2012

Amazing! Thank you

AppleDough

11-15-2012

Just what I have been waiting for!

Epicbethyname

11-15-2012

Amazing how any who says the HUD looks similar to Dota 2/HoN (Because it does if you bother to search) gets downvoted.