Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twitchious

11-15-2012

Looks good, now can we do this?

Wriggle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedPorcupine View Post
Ugh, How unoriginal can you get? LoL is getting closer and closer to looking like Dota 2... Pathetic Riot, I could take a screenshot of Dota's UI, Put it Side by side with LoL's UI and you'd see MASSIVE numbers of similarities now...

Let's list the similarities between LoL and Dota now
Commend and report system (Honor system in LoL was implimented AFTER Dota 2 had it for several months)
Replay system (first done by Dota 2, LoL shortly afterwards)
Levels of ability under the Icon (Dota 2 since it's creation, LoL just now getting it)
Streamligned stats (Dota 2 first did it with the UI remake puting all those numbers in the lower left corner
Hotkeys visible for Items (Dota 2 since creation, LoL just now doing this)
Items now show cost for all items that are components and show the items it builds into (Dota 2's shop since creation, LoL just now getting it.)
Search Function for items that includes the slang for item names (Dota 2 since forever, LoL just now getting it)

Need I go on? The similarities are getting annoying and just making LoL players say that Dota is copying more and more stuff from LoL because they don't know that Dota came first.
Welp, you heard the man Riot, stop adding useful and logical features because Dota did it first.

Champions (first done by Dota, LoL afterwards)
Items (first do---, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchious View Post
Would it be possible to now do the sidebar for teammates? Like this?
Wanna use that spectator sidebar. ;_;

Brackhar

Features Designer

11-15-2012
39 of 54 Riot Posts

^^^
Yeah, I never understood the point of this argument. Is the point that we shouldn't have a search feature at all because it exists in another game? 'Cause that just seems silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsthnsatn667 View Post
Do you think you could add customizable build options? Like in place of the recommended, or in addition, make it so you can customize for your personal playstyle to make things easier? It has happened with me where I get the wrong item and some point (i.e. accidentally go cloth x5 instead of regrowth x1 on J4 jungle). I think this would be handy because I build a lot of my champions the same way each game. I do build counter items as well, but a lot of the base build stays the same each time I play champions.
You'll be able to customize your build outside the game via an API, like what existed before. The titles of each of the categories are customizeable as well I believe, so you can easily do a grid view with a "Jungle Darius" build next to a "Attack Speed Darius" build or whatever. Full on integrated UI support for customizeable item lists would have delayed getting this out though, so we punted on it for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightning View Post
Why not make all item effects activate on leaving the platform and resell values change at that time?

Call it the New Car syndrome (it's worth full price until you drive it off the lot, then it's not because you're using it.)

... sniffles, I give up on asking about locking the hud and mini-map.
Yeah, but you get into crazy questions like should stats only update after you leave the platform as well? If that's the case though, then how do you know effectively if you bought enough to pass a threshold, like for Akali's passive?

Æther Adept

11-15-2012

can i haz moar outzoom?

Ashrocks

11-15-2012

It would be pretty cool if along with having your recommended items tab you had a personalised tab where you could create your own build and have it saved in there allowing you the quick access to the item build that you want as well as being able to see the recommended and the other filters.

Kahran Ramsus

11-15-2012

UI HUD is ****ing terrible.

This is LEAGUE
Not ****ing DOTA

****ing riot, fail more.

OgreSamanosuke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wriggle View Post
Are the shortdesc "This item gives MASSIVE DAMAGE and some penetration" in recommended items built into the item or are they manually defined in the recitems file? Being able to specify the text ("Laning vs. Darius") would be cool since I already know what a freakin' Doran's Ring does..
This is an exceptionally good idea for the power users that used the old item replacement tools, especially with the new apparent capacity to make our own header groupings and such.

CH3CKMATE

11-15-2012

Mia pings and move the hud to the top would be nice.

Macariia

11-15-2012

Looks like you went for a dota style shop and even made the HUD more dota like as well. It appears as DotA 2 grows in popularity Riot feels the need to steal all their ideas from Valve

KatarinaCatKitty

11-15-2012

Um the first picture shows the turret has an item (maw i think it is).