Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LadyAzalea

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namolin View Post
I think it's fine as long as they allow the option to keep the old one.
They have said they will not be keeping the old one.

TurtleRush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Reinboom View Post
Not initially and that's a feature that's still under investigation. Our priority was first getting a more manageable and faster to use interface.

I did make sure to setup an API similar to the current item shop's recommended item override API, for the sake of our power users out there.

While I think this a great feature for more advance players I don't think this should be done because lesser players tend to stick with one build and build it in the same order no matter what. Not preparing for what is going to happen in about 5 to 10 minutes. I still get players in ranked who get ninja tabi against singed because it's recommended or the champion spotlight said get ninja tabi and we have an ap jungler and an ap mid. I've also loss to a team who was all ad because no one knows what armor is.

But as a real suggestion, can you make wards a recommended item for everyone (including adc's)

NeoIcecreaman

11-16-2012

Probably too far gone in the forum to see a riot post, but I think I have a good suggestion:

Let us make a custom recommended build on our accounts for champions we play a lot.

Ie, if the first item I always get on champion X is a longsword and potions, let me have those under my personal recommended tab.

This would allow someone to make their usual builds much easier than scrolling through 5 pages for item X .

LeagueBrains

11-16-2012

My biggest concern is this: has it been extensively and exhaustively bug tested?

HUD bugs, unlike champ bugs, are not something you can avoid by selecting a new champ. If there's something you do in your gameplay that doesn't mesh well with the new HUD, you can't just say "Oh well, I'll go to another champ until it's fixed." - you're stuck with an annoying bug across all characters.

@Riot; hope it's tested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoIcecreaman View Post
Probably too far gone in the forum to see a riot post, but I think I have a good suggestion:

Let us make a custom recommended build on our accounts for champions we play a lot.

Ie, if the first item I always get on champion X is a longsword and potions, let me have those under my personal recommended tab.

This would allow someone to make their usual builds much easier than scrolling through 5 pages for item X .
You can already do that; should be able to find something on Google. I think there's a text file you can make and put into a LoL folder somewhere and it'll use the items you list.

Extreme Sloth

Recruiter

11-16-2012

looks good i like it but riot ! I NEED A RANGE AD NINJA THAT SHOOTS KUNI!

Kheris

11-16-2012

I like this update.

SephiroMystiere

Senior Recruiter

11-16-2012

I think the HUD should be Relocated to the top of the Screen when on purple team. That way the Feild of Vision would increase and less gank problems for purple.

CSB Pantheon

Recruiter

11-16-2012

That look good,the game of the years Again !

im OpTic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

nice work

Genkidesuka

11-16-2012

Hello. May I suggest reviewing the XP bar? My friends and I find this to be way to small. I think you should make it more like it was before. Please think about it.