Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GapTooF

11-16-2012

I like this look! Great job!

Ourouboros

11-16-2012

I would like to customize my recomended items. Thats a general wish.

Frightened Toast

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity R View Post
Wow.. That image, The way they have it setup is a DIRECT copy off of DOTA 2.

Like i am not even kidding.

Look at the screenshot below and i have seen atleast 4 other comments saying the same thing. I also posted their Image's to make it easier to compare.

But this is PROOF!

Incoming Dislikes but its because its true..

All in All i like they are coming up with new ideas and doing new things but copying another game, is just upsetting, surely someone on RIOT staff have obviously played DoTA and said Oh we need this and this, lol I really hope they didnt actually do that but it REALLY looks like that is what has been done, The search bar is basically in the same spot in the two shots.
Dude no **** riot took the idea from dota. They took the basic foundation (since it was a great place to start and a hell of a lot better than the old shop) and made it even better and custom fit to work flawlessly in league. Also notice how league has the price of the item right in the open whereas dota doesn't? That's what I mean about taking the basic idea and improving upon it. Also guess what, dota didn't create the "search bar" so are you going to flame them and call them unoriginal? And even if riot copied dota 100% who the **** cares as long as it brings a better game play experience than its current state, which if you ask me it's going to. Aesthetics aside, there's no arguing that this shop will function much better than our previous shop. Good job riot, ignore the morons and keep up the good work, you're going in the right direction with this idea. I hope you continue building upon it.

nivex30

11-16-2012

Some suggestions. Your thoughts, Riot?

1) Drag and drop of items into the recommended list. Saves to disk when changed.
2) Ability to add more than 6 items to the recommended list while in-game. Gives us a wider preselected variety to choose from. A very convenient optional addition.
3) A short time frame (3, 4, 5 seconds?) to refund an item. Already answered this, but another +1 regardless.
4) Ability to click on the edge of the shop corners to rescale it. Ability to shrink the size of the window be awesome.
5) Transparency of the window.
6) Filter support in a configuration file. ex: [CustomFilters], "VYROX"=1055,3098,1057. Thus typing VYROX in the filter would list the items associated with those 4 digit item codes.

Zer0HP

11-16-2012

Customizable recommended please.

Chund3r

11-16-2012

Would love the ability to get rid of the preset recommended items and replace them with what we normally build on each champ.

TurtleRush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Reinboom View Post
I made sure of it.
What about Rabadon's Deathcap and Infinity Edge?

Namolin

11-16-2012

I think it's fine as long as they allow the option to keep the old one.

ChaosWookie

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by frightened toast View Post
dude no **** riot took the idea from dota. They took the basic foundation (since it was a great place to start and a hell of a lot better than the old shop) and made it even better and custom fit to work flawlessly in league. Also notice how league has the price of the item right in the open whereas dota doesn't? That's what i mean about taking the basic idea and improving upon it. Also guess what, dota didn't create the "search bar" so are you going to flame them and call them unoriginal? And even if riot copied dota 100% who the **** cares as long as it brings a better game play experience than its current state, which if you ask me it's going to. Aesthetics aside, there's no arguing that this shop will function much better than our previous shop. Good job riot, ignore the morons and keep up the good work, you're going in the right direction with this idea. I hope you continue building upon it.
qft!

JamDubs

11-16-2012

Feels a bit crowded, eh?