Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khes

11-16-2012

I love it! Now the game is going to feel much more unique than it already is.

DeGoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Does that shopkeeper have a name? And if so, what was the previous guy named? Just being curious since we can see him on the field.

kiploca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

noob friendly much? >.>

Miffy Kitties

11-16-2012

Please add a Smart Cast toggle Riot! Pretty please!
http://i.imgur.com/G4Blp.jpg

nbs0317

11-16-2012

new store looks stylish .
howeve its only surface , not accessible at all .

because , new store is lack of "intuitive" .
if you guys want to improve shop UI , category shortcut button will do , not systematic one .

All I want is "search faster" .
I wish riot would not release this change on season3 .

I love League of Legends , and its simple UI .

Sw1ped

11-16-2012

I don't like how it feels so much like dota. You guys are good at what you do. It needs to feel more full of color like everything else in the LoL world.

o my

11-16-2012

This game just keeps getting better.

Riztnack

11-16-2012

Is there anyway we can get transparency for the hud?

Resther

11-16-2012

I tried out the new HUD on the PBE, and while it looked nice, it was also a bit of an eyesore. It doesn't match with the fantasy setting of League, and looks like it's something Starcraft 2's Protoss would have designed. In addition, I found it to be a bit too big, and the gaps inbetween the Champion info, abilities, and map, were really agitating to look at. I felt like they were disconnected from everything else,and it was actually frustrating me, because of the huge gaps between the boxes. I'd much rather see an option to show these areas of the screen attatched in some way, like they used to be.

As for the shop, I love the wider variety of items, but because of the sheer number of new items (most of which I find are nice alternatives, but not all are necessary), it becomes one giant cluster**** of items that become extremely difficult to navigate through. I couldn't even find a mana potion without having to use the search function (which is a great addition by the way). But still, when I can't navigate through the shop like I used to, and can't even find the simplest of items, it slows down my ability to get back into lane. This is something that will remain an issue until we all get used to the new layout, which could take quite awhile.

I admit, I love League, for the simple fact that it's,well, simplistic. The shop was so easy to navigate before, but I fear for increased searching time with the new one. The HUD just needs some small tweaks i design and size, and it'll be fine. I have my doubts about the direction you guys have gone with this though. Change is good, but too much change can destroy the simplistic, yet functional design you already have...

renderer

11-16-2012

The following pictures below have been modified to include the idea of including custom build sections into the game.

=D This is a must in the new HUD update! Besides you got the arrows to scroll between builds so this shouldn't be much of a challenge to add.