Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

il 3rab lil abad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Awesome new HUD! Love the changes!

Dragonheart91

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
No. We felt that the new store was holistically a better experience, and continuing to support the old store not only would have delayed the release but also made supporting the store much more costly since all work would need to be doubled. Plus we tried to put some of the new features for the season 3 items in the old store and it was just a terrible experience.

Currently they're a seperate tooltip that is attached to the item, but I like your idea of allowing an override in the rec items page. I'll put that in our backlog.

The most concerning case for us was either buying Guardian's Angel to prevent a death from an ult or, conversely, buying a big CDR item before using a global ult.
Solution:
#1 Item abilities cannot be activated and do not trigger during the sell-back window. (Whether that is 5 seconds, standing on the platform, having the shop window open, or something else.)
#2 If you take damage, are hit by any kind of enemy spell, or deal damage, or cast a spell; your sell-back window immediately closes and you cannot sell anymore.

Solved? I would love to be able to quickly sell things back in a brief period when I misclick.

Lukini26

11-16-2012

Please dont do this please

jhht

11-16-2012

Just played on PBE and the new items and HUD looks kind'of good (great job there ). I saw u changed the entire HUD but not the Scoreboard , i mean why ? It feels like there is still something old in the UI with that beeing untouched.
Any thought with the scoreboard in the near future ?

Sagara Webber

11-16-2012

Hope anyone of the developers can read this:

Think it would be a good idea to put more than 6 recommended items on the shop; like a spot for situational items (and for players who modify their recommended put potions and wards), could be 8 or 9 spots.

On other aspect, would be nice if one could move the HUD to top (like windows start bar for example); even if u can get it small, its hard to play as purple team (or at least it is to me)

Thanks in advance for your time,

SW

Zcypot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot GTez View Post
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_15_Item_Shop_and_HUD_Updates/item shop-hud_banner.jpg[/aws3]

In the upcoming patch we’ve added some new features to the HUD and item shop, all wrapped up in a slick new look for the League of Legends user interface. While it might take a little getting used to, we think you’ll find that these UI updates help you quickly absorb in-game information, and purchase even faster when you head back to buy. This is particularly helpful in light of all the new items we’re adding this preseason. Here’s a rundown of what you’ll see when the new items come out.

Item Shop Updates

In addition to a sleeker-looking interface, the shop now offers more options for quickly and efficiently locating items. This includes search functionality, better sorting options, multiple layouts and more.

Here are the major store updates:

1. Item categories are all now accessible with just one click. You can also select more than one filter to help locate those highly-specialized buys.
  2. Selecting an item will display its components, their costs, and every higher-tier item it can build into.
  3. There’s now a search function to help you quickly locate and buy a particular item. It even recognizes popular slang terms such as “BT” for The Bloodthirster and “triforce” for Trinity Force.
  4. There are options to view items in both grid and list layouts. You can now view items as icons so you can browse more items at the same time.
  5. There are new recommended items for every champion that incorporate all the preseason additions to the arsenal. Recommended items have also been expanded to offer additional, categorized suggestions (starting items, durability items, offensive items, etc.) to help you tailor your build to your current situation.

HUD Updates

Along with its new aesthetic, the game HUD also has a few upgrades to increase your field of view and make relevant information readily visible. Here’s what you can expect:

1. The current level of each of your active abilities is now displayed below the icon, and the hotkey assigned to each is now displayed on the button.
  2. Item slots are now marked by a clear hotkey indicator for to easily see which items are usable and what key activates them.
  3. The scoreboard in the upper right has been streamlined and sharpened to maintain clarity.

Be sure to stop by and share your feedback on the forums. The devs are standing by to answer your questions!

[aws2=news/November_2012/2012_11_15_Item_Shop_and_HUD_Updates/Item_Shop_EN.jpg]news/November_2012/2012_11_15_Item_Shop_and_HUD_Updates/Item_Shop_EN_thumb.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/November_2012/2012_11_15_Item_Shop_and_HUD_Updates/HUD_Screen.jpg]news/November_2012/2012_11_15_Item_Shop_and_HUD_Updates/HUD_Screen_thumb.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/November_2012/2012_11_15_Item_Shop_and_HUD_Updates/all_items_list.jpg]news/November_2012/2012_11_15_Item_Shop_and_HUD_Updates/all_items_list_thumb.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/November_2012/2012_11_15_Item_Shop_and_HUD_Updates/all_items_grid.jpg]news/November_2012/2012_11_15_Item_Shop_and_HUD_Updates/all_items_grid_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

Please tell me you guys are working on eyefinity support... Last I heard on my thread 1 year ago from a RED that it was being worked on... at least include something to move and relocated HUD.

Tito Bueno Bacoa

11-16-2012

now I feel like I'm playing DOTA in LOL ¬¬ thats very original what´s next a pet send your gear to you? be orinal riot

Gilgamesh11

11-16-2012

I downloaded and played Dota 2 for a couple of times, and as I expected LoL has surpassed it in a lot of ways; but it's true that this update is making the hud similar, and I don't know why people are disliking these kind of comments.
I like that riot developers release a lot of updates and content very quickly and i don't even mind the similarity with Dota 2's hud.

Insanity601

11-16-2012

Im liking what I see, the only gripe I could possibly have is the 2 numbers on the potions in your item slots. They look weird, idk, maybe me just being picky but those feel outta place compared to the amazing job you just did with the rest of the HUD.

Whatever you guys are doing over there at HQ keep it up. This season is gonna blow our minds.

DanRileyCG

11-16-2012

I'm very pleased with a mjority of this new content. It's definitely very much appreciated.

A few points I'd love for a red to reply to-- these may have been brought up, if so I appologize.

1. Can you please add the awesome team hud that exists in spectate mode to the live game? I'm talking about the abiltity to at-a-glance see the cool downs of ally ults, and summoners.

2. Can you make it so that the search bar is highlighted ( ready to type ) when opening the store? This would make life a 1,000 times easier. I'd never look for anything again. I'd just search for everthing in seconds.

3. Most importantly, and this would be one of the most welcomed changes to League in a LONGGG time, but can we have the ability to save loadouts per character? Maybe 3 per character? At the bare minimum I'd be happy if we could at least have one loadout per character. For example, if you generally build a character almost the same way each game, with a few situational items being the only changes, I think it'd be awesome to have all of the items that YOU (the player) wants on the custom recommended items list for ease of access during the game.

I'd really appreciate it if a red responded, I don't think I've ever had a red respond to me before. Thanks for the fantastic changes, I look forward to this awesome updates!