Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vendettazz

11-16-2012

I think we should choose "recommended itens" for example, i'd like to put wards, pots, and triforce(that has a bit of everything) in the face of the shop so i can buy things faster

PatUK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Will these HUD changes effect users like myself who play on old computers with no dedicated graphics card? I'm always looking to get more FPS out of the game!

David Hume

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Reinboom View Post
The primary HUD scales in the same as the old one does.

The new item shop tries to aggressively use nearly as much space as it reasonably can (with a bit of padding) until it reaches its max size. I made sure to leave enough space at lower resolutions so that you get the useful right click around the edges to move while shopping of the old system.
So I take it that clicking outside the shop still doesn't close it? Disappointing - sometimes I pull up the shop as I'm recalling so I can buy faster when I get back, and sometimes when I'm doing that Shaco shows up and tries to kill me.

Pressing 'P' to close the shop is inconvenient, because that's my mouse hand, and clicking the top right X is hard because it's so dang tiny. The new close-X button looks a little bigger, but I don't see any reason why it couldn't be 4-8x as large, extending down from of the top bar. When you need to close the shop, you need to close the shop fast.

arih0h0

11-16-2012

Not so great, they did a great job of destroying 3v3 and now they're just copying DoTa 2. Terrible lead champ designer Morello. This is why I quit this game all together...It's not what it used to be 1 year ago.

Aden9

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

This UI looks so much like the DOTA shop.

David Hume

11-16-2012

Why is "Lifesteal" still under "Attack" ? It's conditional HP - a defensive / sustain stat. Having HP/5 and MP/5 in different categories also bugs me, although not as much.

I would have liked to see a "starter items" category that has all of the Tier 1 things. Once you know all the items (which isn't something you can assume about the user, but it happens eventually), that gives you quick access to the level 1 buys and lets you get to any other item in < 3 clicks by relation.

GreatWhiteFark

11-16-2012

Everyone complaining please stop playing LoL, I beg you! the game, and yes for all you nerd out there its a game! will be much better off with all this over analyzing... play to have fun , plus the game mechanics are the same... OHH NOOO THE ITEM SHOP LOOKS DIFFERENT!!!! THIS IS WHAT THE MAYANS PREDICTED!!! 2012 IS REALLY THE END OF THE WORLD!!!! Grow up...

David Hume

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Reinboom View Post
It's search as you type, it will display a group of ~8 items (that can be scrolled) under the search bar when at least 1 character is inside the search menu.

There is an intentional delay to it popping up the search and filtering that's at about 0.1 seconds. So if you type REALLY fast it will take a tenth of a second to update when you're done. This is so that you don't cause undue lag to the search system. It has to do a lot of work.

Let's see...

{p}
{enter}
{b}
{o}
{enter}
{enter} (bought boots)
{enter}
{h}
{enter}
{enter} (bought pot 1)
{enter}
{h}
{enter}
{enter} (bought pot 2)
{enter}
{h}
{enter}
{enter} (bought pot 3)

The repeat of the enters is due to it removing you from the search context when you purchase.
I'll investigate adding something that purchases and stays on your current search.
The word you're looking for is "shift-enter".

DaKrazykid

11-16-2012

Yes custom recommended items please, maybe you can make it so we can pick our items for each character from the profile much like the runes and masteries. Also it would be nice if we can move the HUDs around so we can customize even more that would be great as well.

SGTCigar

11-16-2012

Will your teammates Hp and ulti readiness show all game or is it situational. Because in some of the screen shots they were there and in some they were not.