Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Treekin

11-15-2012

This is all just changes to copy Dota 2 I'm ashamed that Riot would stoop to the level of copying other games when their way works just fine, even better. I think the changes are fin, but the store is alot more confusing for new people now. But who cares what I think?

Beefy Wang

Recruiter

11-15-2012

Custom Recommended Items...

Other than that, don't fix what isn't broken.

Rovos

11-15-2012

Pretty nice. Got some suggestions if it's not too late. One more tab for aura items for people me who play supports and also maybe place I can save my own recommended items list for my builds?

APU Dreamer

11-15-2012

Just can say "AWESOME"

Tuxedo

11-15-2012

OMG RIOT please please please add in the ability to make custom suggested items

I'd like to have 5-10 custom that i can name "ad carry", "tank", etc and when I click on them it shows the custom item's I've picked out

Since you guys are adding in suggested item builds for "durability" and "starting items"...just thought I should mention it :/

EvilMerodach

11-15-2012

Quote:
Brackhar:
^^^
Yeah, but you get into crazy questions like should stats only update after you leave the platform as well? If that's the case though, then how do you know effectively if you bought enough to pass a threshold, like for Akali's passive?

On this, every time I buy a Tear/Arch on Karthus, Annie, Cass, etc, etc..I spam a couple spells at spawn pool just to get a couple free stacks on it while I still have spawn mana regen. (and get my stun up for Annie)
I don't think that option should be removed, but an undo option might force things like that to go away. It's your mistake if you buy the wrong thing. It shouldn't hurt other people's gameplay just to fix others mistakes.

Also there's Karthus(and Ashe/Ez/gp/soraka? ulti's) to think about...there's been times I've b'd just to buy a deathcap to fire my ulti after I've escaped a full out 5v5 team fight. Enemy team running and hiding to try to recall before I can ulti, me back at base buying, I don't want to add to the race against time to have to click outside of spawning pool before using ulti too.

Ozkar89

11-15-2012

i can't see "Amor Penetration" or "Magic Penetration" in the filters

Heat 0n My Meat

11-15-2012

Quote:
Xyltin:
You could go on, cause most of your arguments are pretty stupid.
Especially cause Valve did actual copy everything for Dota2 from other games (mainly WC3 and LOL).

And do you know: My Razor keyboard has the same layout than my Logitech keyboard. Maybe i should stop using one, cause they obviously copied the layout.
And Dota2 copied the playstyle from AOS. OMG, they are so bad.
Dota2 copied the MM idea from lol.

I could go on with such useless and stupid things.

Laff,

you can have a successful MOBA genre game without the same item layout of DotA 2's. i.e. LoL before this upcoming patch, DotA 1, HoN, etc. But ofc Riot knows that DotA 2's HUD is superior therefore they want to copy it now.

@ the Valve copied MM idea: No. You can't even play vs Europeans and Koreans here if you wanted to if you live in NA. Maybe that's a good thing seeing how NA got roflstomped by pretty much all the Asian teams in the competitive scene. In DotA 2 you can play across servers with Europeans and Asians.

DotA 2 copied LoL? LOL, no.

DotA 2 "copied" wc3? True, in a sense, but misleading. DotA 2 was meant to be the new DotA which used WC3's engine, so some overlap is expected. So it's really more DotA 2 copying DotA, which is like saying Assassin's Creed 2 is a copy of Assassin's Creed (1), which is laughable.

DarkPhoenix179

Recruiter

11-15-2012

Have you ever thought of putting in an option that allows you to make a custom item build.
it would be where the recommended items are. thee would be a drop book and you could fill and empty one or select an exsiting one to see what items you want to buy eg a mage item build
it could help people remember their item builds easier

CoolMintz

11-15-2012

Wow it looks amazing!
Good job Riot I like it already