Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imrtlsaij

11-15-2012

there is room for improvement in all areas, but WHY DO YOU KEEP MAKING IT MORE LIKE DOTA2??!!
if i wanted to play DOTA2, i would be playing DOTA2.
if you keep making it more like DOTA2, i will stop playing and play more DOTA2.
in a lot of ways the new shop is better, but almost directly copying dota is costing you here. especially with new items entering shop, it's going to be too confusing. you could increase functionality without making so much stuff going on here. and fixing recommended is nice, but how about the ability to set custom default items for each champ?
ability level indicator is nice but not really necessary, and just on its own makes the whole UI look more dota-y, never mind the other HUD changes. also can you make it so the game can zoom out farther? i prefer screenlock (i know, noob) and i have to toggle it more w/ long range champs like cait noc kog and urgot.

i reiterate, please i don't want to play DOTA2. stop turning me off.

edit: also someone else's point, that is real big for me, especially because of screenlock: the camera angle is hometeam advantage, and makes me dread half my games, when i'm on purple. i like the new TT map, but i don't want to spend all my time there.

Mujyaki

11-15-2012

I hope that the blue particles on the action bar sides will change to purple if you're on the other team!

desolation0

11-15-2012

Only went through the Riot posts, so not sure if someone has addressed the closet cases on item sellback. I think a set of 3-4 conditionals would cover most of them, with another bit to cover GP10 gear.

Have you taken damage since purchase? If no, then full price. Have you dealt damage since purchase? If no, then full price. Have you used an ability since purchase? If no, then full price. I'd think of adding another to that. Has more than (20, 30, 60, whatever) seconds passed since your purchase? If no, then full price. The single ability use trigger may be a bit too harsh, but does shut off most any possible abusive closet cases left over, while letting more folks get away with a mistake than can right now. Generally, they would pay for the mistake in time wasted selling back and repurchasing instead of gold.

Programming selling back of upgrades could be a pain. Reset all items to the previous items you had since you last hit the conditionals would probably cover it.

As for the GP10 bits, they already have a counter for the gold generated. Then it's just a matter of subtracting the gold earned from the return price.

Easier said than programmed of course, depending on how complicated the code is. Probably some other cases I'm not thinking of. c'est la vie

SgtBubbles99

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Why does this look like its an older version of the game?

Sexpizza

11-15-2012

Since we can save runes and masteries, how about letting us overwrite the recommended builds for champions and put our own builds in there?

mrtrancis

11-15-2012

ohemgee riot, you implemented a search function similar to that of itunes. how unoriginal! why don't you get your own ideas!

-___-

UnCaG3D

11-15-2012

Let us unlock the recommend slots so we can put our own items in there that we usualy build, this would need to be linked to each of our champions.

OR

Let us set up a "play list" of items since we typically pick the same items every game, I only varie 1-3 items usually with a champion like lee sin.

However by letting us set up this list before hand I can cope with champions like elise where I can go tanky ad or tanky ap (both work well)

additional (little bit of a streach)

allow us to hotkey items sense the right side of my keyboard is never used, why not?
Let us change the hotkeys in the options menu?

bobbyfshr

11-15-2012

I think you should be able to somehow customize the recommended build to fit your own playstyle of the champion

godmode rum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

hmm LOOKSLIKE DOTA

Rockwell84

11-15-2012

I wish enemy CS was displayed when you click on them and their info is displayed in the top left.