Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boscer

11-15-2012

I would still like a way to shift the bars on the bottom to the top when playing top.

UmiKaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

so its starting to look like dota 2 shop, eh?

ShenpaiPlsNotice

11-15-2012

My question is, does purple team get the option to move thier HUD so it isn't in the way? Because it tends to be in the way.

OMG Whistler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

First off, Riot, thank you for doing a great job at making this a great game, with a great community, and a devoted and awesome support staff.

I have a couple questions/concerns about the new shop and the HUD/UI.

1) Will search terms such as MPen and ArPen/APen (Magic penetration and Armor Penetration respectively) result in showing us the items we need to destroy our enemies magic resist and armor?

2) IS there a reason you left off Armor Pen. and Magic Pen from the filters list?

3) Will we be able to search for gp5? Will this be added to the filter?

4) Lastly (this is just because I'm an old guy and get annoyed easily over things I don't like) will we be able to turn off the unneeded, curvy looking, distracting borders that you have shown on the right of our Champ Box (no clue what this is called), the left and right of our abilities box, and to the left of our map? Much akin to the unneeded background wall that connected all 3 in the current HUD (which I turned off when I first started playing this game way back when...). I truly, truly, truly, truly hope that I can hide those borders. I'm old and need all the screen real estate I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
^^^
then how do you know effectively if you bought enough to pass a threshold, like for Akali's passive?
If someone is playing Akali without the right runes and masteries to take full advantage of her passive at level 1 then they are doing it wrong. Just saying.

KaGinm

11-15-2012

Looking forward to it

elvis cocho

11-15-2012

husssssssssssssssHUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HUSSUHUAHSHUAHUD

waterfallsevery

11-15-2012

Ehh, I wish Riot would include Armor Pen and Magic Pen item categories. Those are pretty annoying to find.

Beaumains

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Yeah, but you get into crazy questions like should stats only update after you leave the platform as well? If that's the case though, then how do you know effectively if you bought enough to pass a threshold, like for Akali's passive?
I may be missing something here, but shouldn't cases like that fall under knowing the champion you're playing (or testing on bots first)?

I'd be more concerned about transform cases e.g. one stat builds/enhances another, e.g. Vlad, Xerath, Jax, Rammus, etc; if you don't get the AP until you leave the fountain, you won't get the health until that point, and unless that instantly boosts your health you may want/have to double dip in the fountain.

Perhaps a better way to prevent abuse cases is to put a very short time limit (say, 2 seconds or less), hotkey it to [backspace], and put a cooldown on the function (say 3-5 mins or more) so that you can't just buy/undo/buy/undo ad infinitum. That way it would invoke the idea of an emergency use only function.

LuceilMechanica

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
We're exploring some ways to make consumables more accessible that may make it into the initial release, no promises though.

One of our goals with recommended items was to teach players about the itemization decisions they should be make to become better players. We hope the new recommended items does a good job of that and breaks newer players out of the mindset of just having one standard build. Our user testing suggests that even very new players find the new recommended items more useful.
At the bit of bolded text.

Alright, I've got a question about the new recommended items, is it just a redo of suggested items or does it actually show a large list of suggested items for the champion? If that's not the case, I personally think that would be a -great- Idea...With it's ups and downs atleast.

gothicnightmare

11-15-2012

looks very nice