Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LykaSumbodee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

I'm not sure if other people have a problem with this, or if it is meant to be this way, but I always hate being on purple side, for whatever reason. It's just the view difference, not the gameplay in any way. It bugs me, so if you could add an option to switch it around, that'd be really cool. If not, I can understand, I'm just weird like that.

Bluexco

11-15-2012

You do all this work, but you still don't have a "re-sell" option for miss buys. Like a 5 second window for mistaken clicks -_-

Moe the Great

11-15-2012

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I would love a way to switch the HUD stuff on the bottom (the skill icons) to the top of my screen, especially when playing as purple. Still looks great though, awesome work.

Lumenarcus

11-15-2012

Please allow more in game customization of the HUD. Centering your character still limits your view below your character less than 400 at stock view, and you can see over 1100 above your character. Critical areas such as below your character is cut off.
Also, please let us move the party info next to the mini map. If I'm looking at the minimap, a slight glance to see the health status of allies would be awesome. Looking at the map, then looking across the screen or up in a randomized champion order is bulky and inefficient.

LordClifton

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity R View Post
Wow.. That image, The way they have it setup is a DIRECT copy off of DOTA 2.

Like i am not even kidding.

Look at the screenshot below and i have seen atleast 4 other comments saying the same thing. I also posted their Image's to make it easier to compare.

But this is PROOF!

Incoming Dislikes but its because its true..

All in All i like they are coming up with new ideas and doing new things but copying another game, is just upsetting, surely someone on RIOT staff have obviously played DoTA and said Oh we need this and this, lol I really hope they didnt actually do that but it REALLY looks like that is what has been done, The search bar is basically in the same spot in the two shots.
Umm...have you looked at those pictures closely enough? You can hardly call that copying.

1) A Great idea tends to be a great idea everywhere else (called the least path of resistance). So going anywhere else would be stupid since you'd be taking a step backwards....and why should you not do something just because someone else did it first? This is a vain argument.

2) Dota doesn't use words to differentiate the item categories. In fact, the ONLY words you find are on the left side for the recommended build schemes.

3) The layout form also isn't even the same. All items for the categories are lumped into one row that progresses vertically for Dota.
LOL splits ONE item with the building tree for that ONE item, and is more informative. The box above this shows what other items that ONE item can build into.

CONCLUSION: League of Legends did NOT copy Dota.

DJ Spinfuse

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot GTez View Post
Item slots are now marked by a clear hotkey indicator for to easily see which items are usable and what key activates them.
Dunno if this has been brought up, but I REALLY hope this is a toggle feature.

For me, I know which buttons will activate which item slots and I don't need to look at the keyboard to do so. Having two numbers there means that if I look to see how many potions/wards I have remaining, I need to take slightly longer to be sure I read the correct number.

BestJunglerAUS

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity R View Post
Wow.. That image, The way they have it setup is a DIRECT copy off of DOTA 2.

Like i am not even kidding.

Look at the screenshot below and i have seen atleast 4 other comments saying the same thing. I also posted their Image's to make it easier to compare.

But this is PROOF!

Incoming Dislikes but its because its true..

All in All i like they are coming up with new ideas and doing new things but copying another game, is just upsetting, surely someone on RIOT staff have obviously played DoTA and said Oh we need this and this, lol I really hope they didnt actually do that but it REALLY looks like that is what has been done, The search bar is basically in the same spot in the two shots.
Yes there are some similarities, however it is not an exact copy. They would eventually have to add in filters and search bars, so why not base there own version of it off something that works well. They have changed it quite significantly and in my opinion. It doesn't look much like it at all. They left a lot out and added their own touch. I personally love the look of it and do not believe it is a direct copy but it is based off an already working shop system with riot's own little touches here and there. And to note, having a search bar where it is just makes logical sense, you will find in any game that needs a search function like in LoL or DOTA will always be in that general position.

Awesomepenguin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

you should add an AURAS section. it will make it so much easier to find items that give off an aura whether it be a team buff aura or enemy debuff aura.

Tsunetoma

11-15-2012

It's shiny o.o gimme!

Thorck

11-15-2012

Its... just.... beautiful