Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Preseason Changes on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Palthios

11-26-2012

Skarner is going to love Frozen Fist.

Dredge Golgari

11-27-2012

I agree, this will be like a whole new game... Idk, part of me thinks they're changing TOO much. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. But we'll see what happens.

Hugenaught

11-27-2012

New text is too small compared to old text even with max chat scale.

JGJ316

11-28-2012

Force of Nature is gone and health regen gets an overall nerf... When this patch airs live, the most enjoyable character to play, Dr. Mundo, dies. Thank you... =/ It was also a great item on Hecarim and pretty much any tank that needed MR. The MS helped with initiation, so don't even try and say it made it an odd item with unneeded effects.

Also, no Madred's Bloodrazor anymore? Cool.. So, goodbye on-hit Teemo, AS Shyv, and supertank-buster Kog'maw. I went against an all tank team in blind pick and was lucky enough to have picked the Kog. The only reason we won was the double percentage of health from me. No one else could do anything to them because of their tremendous beef. All melee tank/bruiser team will be stupidly powerful with these new items and the removal of the Bloodrazor. It was the go-to item for stopping tanks. Now what do we have?

Hugenaught

11-29-2012

Quote:
JGJ316:
Force of Nature is gone and health regen gets an overall nerf... When this patch airs live, the most enjoyable character to play, Dr. Mundo, dies. Thank you... =/ It was also a great item on Hecarim and pretty much any tank that needed MR. The MS helped with initiation, so don't even try and say it made it an odd item with unneeded effects.

Also, no Madred's Bloodrazor anymore? Cool.. So, goodbye on-hit Teemo, AS Shyv, and supertank-buster Kog'maw. I went against an all tank team in blind pick and was lucky enough to have picked the Kog. The only reason we won was the double percentage of health from me. No one else could do anything to them because of their tremendous beef. All melee tank/bruiser team will be stupidly powerful with these new items and the removal of the Bloodrazor. It was the go-to item for stopping tanks. Now what do we have?

The new % hp damage item is still magic damage, but doesn't give AS anymore. Also, haunting guise's upgrade does % damage. Deathfire cap is boosted imo.

Overall cheap attack speed ap build was hit considerably (malady is way too expensive now, imo atttack speed ap is not gold competitive in S3), but anti-tank is actually easier in season 3, and attack speed items (for non as-ap builds) such as Sword of the Devine and Hurricane are great.

I've been mulling over a good AS AP Kayle build lately, and it's definitively much harder (read: gold expensive) than in S2. Philo (sell later), Kages (sell later), Sorcs, Haunting Guise (replacement for HoG), Malady, new BR, Hextech, Nashors seem okay. Guinsoo's rageblade got a huge buff, but it's still relatively expensive which is why I still stick with Nashors over it (late game Guinsoos is probably better if you can afford the blue pot for cdr). Pure attack speed damage is (imo) more effective now in Season 3 than AS AP builds in terms of gold.

Also: I really really enjoy having my new S3 mastaries being reset by the latest patch. Argh.

Jester Illusion

11-29-2012

Perhaps someone's said this already, but I'm quite concerned with the way the new masteries look right now. There are a variety of characters that don't really benefit from ability power that do benefit from magic penetration. I'm thinking of Shyvana in particular, as that is my favorite champion, and she is likely the best example of a character that does a large portion of her damage in magic damage even though she scales on attack damage to do it. In the past, getting the magic penetration in masteries didn't waste any points, as cooldown reduction was useful, but now if we want to get magic penetration we have to give up cooldown reduction and waste four points on AP/level. <_< Maybe it could be that if you have either 4 points in cooldown reduction or 4 points in the AP/level the magic penetration would be selectable?

Everything else about the masteries make them seem a bit more accessible to more characters, but this particular bit really bothers me as it's a blatant waste of points for one thing that's pretty useful to a number of characters.

DialBM

11-30-2012

What happened to that small Energy increase in the masteries?
I never found it broken at all, it was a nice boost for people who used Energy champions instead of Mana champions.

MuffinAddiction

11-30-2012

That Ohmwrecker is going to be so overpowered

Rorik92

12-01-2012

Quote:
DialBM:
What happened to that small Energy increase in the masteries?
I never found it broken at all, it was a nice boost for people who used Energy champions instead of Mana champions.

I completely agree with this, also without it really makes it difficult to get anywhere high tier in the utility tree without taking like gold per ten masteries

TeMori

12-03-2012

Zephyr says attack speed twice.