Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Preseason Changes on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sabriala

11-21-2012

Quote:
Cyndryn:
the note thing is so u can write notes about the person....it is kinda like a way to keep track of what u think about them or what they play. BTW i realy dotn liek the item changes....and the jungle seems much harder......

actually thats not what I was talking about, if you go into the game and type "/note" you can write stuff after it... and I want to know what that is about. I'm smart enough to get the notes for friends thing >.> thanks

Rorik92

11-21-2012

I have a few concerns about the new utility mastery tree. Now, I main kennen, he is probably one of my all time favorite champions and I think he's awesome. The old masteries that I would take were 9/0/21 with specific emphasis on the spellvamp, cdr, and the extra energy. The new masteries however don't really allow me to get to those higher tier things, they force me to take either mana/mana regen which is totally useless on kennen, or support masteries like gold per 10 and warding stuff.

attached (hopefully, this is my first post on the forums not sure if I'm doing this right =x )
is a picture of the masteries I was forced to take to get to the tier I wanted.

Mantheon Mandrop

11-22-2012

Quote:
Halkkirgamed:
You waant us to fail on our jobs, tests, high school, exams, for the rest of the week dont you?...will do

Been there done that. Already failed a semester of college and put on probation because of this game. Told my parents i just need a semester off to think. Riot should hire me to play this all day.

S20G Treble

Senior Recruiter

11-22-2012

Ok as far as boot enchants go I like them all except Distortion. You guys are seriously going to increase the cooldown on Flash just to put boots in the game that reduce the cooldown of Flash...that seems horribly counterproductive to getting people to not take it, all you've done is dramatically increased the purchase rate of Distort over the other boot enchants, well played. Again you've nerfed something without nerfing it (see previous Blitzcrank nerf).

I also don't agree with Ohmwrecker. It's design seems to be for mid game turret dives to secure a kill and that's all. In the end game it'll be worthless since other items that provide armor will give you enough that your damage can easily destroy a turret before it becomes a problem or a minion wave will be able to soak the turret damage while you, the lone DD wreck it. It just seems pointless, turrets are only truely devastating early game and lose a good deal of potency over the course of the game so I really don't see how this item really deserves a place in the lineup.

Hurricane + Teemo = OP, just saying. Super solid on other champions (Ashe, Varus, Miss Fortune, and Vayne potentially if it stacks her silver bolts.) But on Teemo, it'll be horrifically devastating, He'll going to become either an instant pick in most lineups or an instant ban for his potential.

I have mixed feelings about the Promote item "Banner of Command" again it'll run into the same problem promote had, early game, very devastating, late game it'll taper off a lot. Only now with it being an item you don't have it ealry game where it's most effective, so it'll become pretty inert pretty quick.

I still wish you would reconsider the removal of Surge, just make it better, seriously. It's good on a lot of champions and the only reason Ignite maintains a higher dps that Surge is because sombody at Riot decided that EVERYBODY needed an easily accessibly source of True Damage (really guys). Just make Surge better, or make Ignite deal magic damage that ignores a scaling % of the enemies MR each tick (20%/35%/50%/65%/80%). Please KEEP SURGE!

Consider removing Flash, you guys have had nothing but balance problems with it since I started playing Sept. 2011 and your last nerf to it hasn't kept anybody from picking it or prioritizing it. You guys honestly can't nerf it enough to keep people from taking it and with the previous point of Distort boots, again thanks for nerfing something without nerfing it. I do REALLY, REALLY like the new Elysia's Miracle, that's a good way to promote use of those spells since so few people use Clairvoyance, but I think Revive doesn't really serve a great purpose, it's kind of a trap and leads people to think your under the assumption that your just going to die a lot...and I don't think that really makes it more desirable. You all seriously have a desire to get people to take sumoner spells other than Flash and Ignite, so remove Flash because the only counter to Flash is Flash, so everyone takes Flash. Phreak reccomends that everyone takes Flash, even champions who have the equivalent of Flash in their kits (Ezreal, Zed, and Kassadin particularly). It's rediculous and if you just remove it.... everyone will HAVE to start taking something else, plus it'll actually diversify the strategy of gameplay in it's entireity.

Buff idea for teleport though, since you have to hold still to use it, make it give you imunity to CC effects so you can't be knocked out of it, and if you cancel the teleport the CD becomes 30 seconds down from 180. In it's current form it kind blows because you can't use it as an escape effectively and also if you cancel it, you've wasted the ability to use it on a secondary target for 3 minutes so why in the hell would you want to take it. That makes it super undesireable when it has such a great ability to be a tactical split push or assist spell.
I like the vast majority of the reworks though, I think S3 is going to offer a lot of really good changes to the gameplay, overall well done!

Alistav

11-22-2012

another hard support nerf i think i will never play them again

Bluance

11-22-2012

Quote:
Alistav:
another hard support nerf i think i will never play them again

What. This makes no sense. Supports will be receiving many new items that buff them, i haven't' seen any suggestion that supports are nerfed at all

Tsachaq

11-23-2012

The item passives and actives are very cool but i am afraid this adds a whole lot of new abilities to champions some of them too good for an item; they could be champion abilities in their own right (eg. Hurricane etc. etc). Another fallout is that this blurs the roles and capabilities that are expected out of some champions. Liandry's Lament just diminishes uniqueness of Brand's innate passive; you could get unexpected burst damage from unlikeliest of champs... All the CCs and buffs that the items grant blend/mix up the tradition roles of the champions. Champions are defined by their skills (this is important to us RPG lovers) and these items kind of dilutes their charecter. If flexibility is the intention of the developers, congratulations. But i can't say i won't keep my fingers crossed.

I Nullity I

11-23-2012

Ohmwrecker sounds like it could be a new Ohm Force VST.

That being said, I totally love this item. It makes risk versus reward more prominent, as people can no longer hide behind the safety net of their tower in stalemate matches.

x1HitWonder

11-24-2012

I think you guys did a great job on adding more content and focusing on a longer game(takes a bit longer around the jungle and late game everyone is a supertank even squishy characters) but I really hate this new shop and it has a few bugs such as:
Can't click X in the corner to close the shop sometimes.
Click one item and then you can't click any other items(takes awhile to exit the shop very annoying+ esc doesn't always work either).
Double clicking the icon buys 2 of the item(this is really annoying especially if you lag).

Hugenaught

11-25-2012

One of the problems with support in the new patch is that there seems to be even less of a variety in viable/ideal support builds now counter-intuitively even though there are more "options". It used to be that support items were situational beneficial. Sure there was the philo+wards thing, but after the initial item build, you could get various things. Your adc needs mana regen? Get soul shroud. Need extra gold? Kage's lucky pick. HP? HoG. Or overall support for the team? Aegis. Etc.

Now however, the "core" support items has increased. You need to save for a sightstone (which pays itself around 3 trips or so), and you more or less need to upgrade it if you want the item to pay for itself near midgame. You need boots as well, and you still need that philo. So early-mid game's pretty much hard locked in items. And new Kage's looks fairly good with the upgrade as well, or you splurged on the 200 gold 3x pot item (pays for itself in ~3 trips) and somehow you should get that Aegis too. Alternatively upgrade one of your early items (philo stone) since upgrading generally pays itself better than trying to get a new item, and if you want Elisa's, that needs to be purchased before end game. That's pretty much all of a supports gold in most 30 minute games. Congrats, you can't really build any support build other than that.