Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Preseason Changes on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RapZero

11-15-2012

Lack of aggro support items. No HoG can't go balls deep with taric

Decoylegends

11-15-2012

i cant wait >

Vglante

11-15-2012

Cool

Esmer

11-15-2012

Random question, but Riot can we have the option of being able to put an image for our avatar on the forums?

ploki122

11-15-2012

Quote:
Morello:
[*]Defensive Aurask
  • Ranges are now consistent at 1100 - Aegis of the Legion, etc.

Just wondering what the effect of this actually is... which items had more/less? Also, can we get this on champions as well? right now heim has 800, most supports have 1000, Jarv's flag is 1200... Just wondering if it could be even'd out...

Quote:
  • Boots give 25 less movement speed across the board.
  • All champions have had their base movement speed increased by 25.

Thanks for the ninja support buff, I might be the only one feeling this way, but main supports are thanking you from the bottom of their heart Morello-kun. ~che
Quote:
[*]Tier 2 boots can be enchanted, upgrading them to a Tier 3 boot for some gold.
  • Homeguard: Provides powerful regeneration and movement speed at fountain.
  • Furor: Increased movement speed in combat.
  • Captain: Increases movement speed of allies moving toward you.
  • Distortion: Decreases cooldown of Ghost, Teleport and Flash.
  • Alacrity: Grants a small additional base movement speed bonus.

This one kinda frightens me... I mean hecarim with alaracity Boots5 is just gonna be in 2 lanes at once... Same can be said for furor boots3 nid/riven.
Quote:
[LIST][*]Removed
  • The following items are no longer available and items that built out of them have had their recipes changed:
    • Meki Pendant, Regrowth Pendant, Force of Nature, Ionic Spark, Moonflair Spellblade, Cloak and Dagger, Elixir of Agility, Leviathan.

Just wondering why remove leviathan and not SotO/Meijai? I honestly feel like it was the most viable by far... Basically it leaves the opponent the choice of focusing you down, or let you get tankier... so the longer they wait until focusing you down, the bigger the problem gets... I honestly bought it pretty often on tanky supports/tanks... I really would like to get Tantram's opinion on this...
Quote:

• Rageblade
    • Reworked to have a powerful attack speed, spell vamp and life steal boost when you are low on life.

• looks interesting... So this is now a do-or-die buy.... especially for those that can hang on low hp for a long time (tryn, poppy, Irelia, Kayle)
    Quote:

• Vamp Scepter
    • Now builds out of a long sword and grants attack damage.
    • All items that build out of Vamp Scepter now grants attack damage.

• lulwut?
    Quote:

• Zeke's Herald
    • No longer grants attack speed or builds out of a dagger.

• Just wondering why... it was kinda the only offensive aura we had...
    Quote:

• Avarice Blade
    • Gives less critical strike
    • Grants an additional 2 gold per kill.

• luluwut? nice!
    Quote:

• Hextech Gunblade
    • Active has had its base damage reduced and now has an AP ratio.
    • Single target attacks and spells versus champions reduce the cooldown of the active by 3 seconds.

• Trying to make AP ez viable? (I simply hope this doesn't become a thing on Eve...)
    Quote:

• Youmu's Ghostblade
    • Active simplified - 6 for melee, 4 for ranged.
    • Active cooldown reduced to 45 from 60.

• Care to explain this one? not the why, but really what it means... it's as hazy as can get for me... does the 6/4 implies duration?
    Quote:

• Oracle Elixir
    • Duration capped at 5 minutes.

• Price drop?
    Quote:

• Recipe: Kage's Lucky Pick, Mana Manipulator
  • Keeps G/10 Passive.
  • Active: Target ally gets a 30% slow aura for 3 seconds - 60 second cooldown.

• love it! Lulu with this is gonna one heck of a pain if she proc bot ult and this on the same person.
    Quote:

[*]Liandry's Lament
    • Controlled Burn Mage Item
    • Recipe*:* Haunting Guise, Amplifying Tome
    • Passive: Dealing spell damage burns enemies for a % of their current life over 3 seconds. This effect deals double damage if the target's movement is impaired.

SR's BFT? I just don't see why it would work better then BFT did...
    Quote:

[*]Statikk Shiv
    • High Speed / Burst Damage Item
    • Recipe*:* Zeal, Avarice Blade
    • Passive: Moving or Attacking builds static charges. At 100 charges, your next attack unleashes all charges to deal 100 magic to up to 4 targets. This effect benefits from critical strikes.

Why replace Ionic (who was bad because of the 4-hit proc) by this?
    Quote:

[*]Ohmwrecker
    • High End Siege Item
    • Recipe:Catalyst + Chain Vest
    • Active: Disables nearby enemy towers for 2.5 seconds, preventing them from attacking.

This one REALLY frightens me...
    Quote:

[*]Wraith Collar
    • Supportive Scouting Item
    • Recipe: Kage's Pick + Null Magic Mantle
    • Active: Summons 2 wraiths for 6 seconds that seek the nearest enemy champions. If they reach an enemy champion, they slow him and reveal him for 2.5 seconds.

Depending on the cd on that active, this can be REALLY neat...
    Quote:

[*]Banner of Command
    • Siege Mage Item
    • Recipe: Blasting Wand + Emblem of Valor
    • Unique Aura: Grants health regeneration to nearby allies
    • Unique Aura: Grants % damage to nearby minions.
    • Active: Promotes a nearby siege minion to a super minion. You get all the gold from this minion's kills - 120 second cooldown.

Just wondering why you guys chose to aim promote at the mage role... why not tank? doesn't everyone gains from being tanky? and aren't mage those that already have one of the best push potential?

Otherwise, the item is VERY neat.
    Quote:

[*]Mikael's Crucible
    • High Tier Supportive Item
    • Recipe: Chalice + Sapphire Crystal
    • Passive: Increases mana regeneration based on missing mana.
    • Active: Removes stuns, roots, silences, slows, fears and taunts from an ally and then heals them for X + Y% of their missing health - 3 minute cooldown.

Pain redefined... this is gonna be nerfed, multiple times until his stats/effects are trash (and it's still gonna be taken a lot of times... HoG-style...)
    Quote:

[*]Leaden Crystal Flask
    • Supportive Regeneration Item
    • Passive: Starts with 3 charges, charges refill when you go back to fountain.
    • Active: Consume a charge to regenerate 100 health and 40 mana over 10 seconds.

I hope it doesn't cost much... because it really has little effects... But I don't see why you guys chose to make it so cheap (i guess) and with little effect... it basically is a must-buy for everyone right now... I don't understand why you didn't raise the effect/charges and the price...
    Quote:
    [*]Camp difficulty and rewards have been re-distributed more into the large monster in each camp
    • The largest monsters at each camp are generally more resilient but also hold most of the rewards

Nunu loves this
    Quote:

Summoner's Rift Map Layout
    • Removed the terrain blocking the ramps leading into the river near Dragon from the jungle for blue team and leading into the river near Baron Nashor's pit for purple team

This is probably the one change that puzzles me the most...

Altonious

11-15-2012

Quote:
    RapZero:
    Lack of aggro support items. No HoG can't go balls deep with taric

Lack of non-'noob trap' support items is more like it, barring the kage's upgrade

ParaDoxDox

11-15-2012

Pumped for this

TwoTonCranium

Recruiter

11-15-2012

well.. Lots of good things happened here.. without force of nature.. Teemo will run rampaged! and magic resist will be pretty non existent. Warmonger is not worth getting without the stacking bonus..JMO. other than that.. everything looks pretty good.

Southern Raider

11-15-2012

I don't get it... what changed?

Hak3n

11-15-2012

The game is going to be interesting again, gj Riot.