Nami Sneak Peek

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hardstep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

I hope the final release doesn't deviate too much from that concept - it's gorgeous! Riot artists OP

Xoripan

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiBelgarath View Post
You hate a role (dedicated healer) that a lot of gamers- and I mean a LOT of gamers- deeply love and enjoy and find fun. You are never going to make a support champion without people complaining, because every time they find a little hope in their heart that you get over your hatred of that archetype and include another one. Many people feel that healing should be to supports as gap closers are to bruisers and damage steroids are to carries.

Whether you like it or not, that mind set isn't going away :/
I don't know if just me... but I dont care at all if the enemy soraka is having fun, making my damn line a farm fest where any kind of poke or agressive play is just subpar to her heal... Thats no-fun at all. Well thats applies more for the old soraka but anyways..

InXplotch

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DptBear View Post
Will she have an alternate skin where she can't talk and has feet?

I would very much dislike that.
She becomes sona?

(yes I caught the little mermaid reference)

11-15-2012

morello how about a healing over time ability that would take your mana and increase your hp (kind like morphling strenght morph works) but when you lose all mana or deactivate ability all bonus ap disappear

Thane Soren

Recruiter

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Her, and I don't find it appropriate to ask
Sounds like my type of girl.

Nanatsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Can we get a change on the Helmet she wears its very similar of Syndra's and one of the most embarrassing thing a chick can do is wear something another chick is already wearing.

Grøve

11-15-2012

so what will her skin be like (not that skin :P )

TheFinalAeon

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Makes sense - I understand that. I just want people to know the specific design type we're going to avoid, and not extrapolate it out to other designs that we are comfortable with using.
So, I ask again: What about Soraka? Are there any plans to rework her, or is she to be left as a walking Silence Debuff every few seconds with some halfway decent poke?

Joness

11-15-2012

Dat long time awaited water mage is a Support..... derp.. oh well.

ploki122

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiBelgarath View Post
You hate a role (dedicated healer) that a lot of gamers- and I mean a LOT of gamers- deeply love and enjoy and find fun. You are never going to make a support champion without people complaining, because every time they find a little hope in their heart that you get over your hatred of that archetype and include another one. Many people feel that healing should be to supports as gap closers are to bruisers and damage steroids are to carries.

Whether you like it or not, that mind set isn't going away :/
Why does people not understand that there is a difference between a healer, a dedicated healer and someone that can heal...

- A dedicated healer is soraka, her only job is to heal and once you are ignited, her helping potential is GREATLY reduced.
- A healer is someone that can restore your hp when needed. Taric, Kayle, Nidalee, Alistar... they're all healers, but ignite their friend and they will still CC/damage your ass out... healing is only a secondary tool to help you reach your goal.
- Someone that can heal is anyone that can make you regain your health faster. Shen is someone that can heal, without being a healer, and so is heimerdinger (this one is arguable tho). This one uses healing as a 10th tool to reach a goal. Basically, their heal's first goal isn't even healing. I consider Lulu, and arguably Janna, to also fall in this category.

Now please understand something, A non-healing support is fun (leona, nunu, lulu). An healing support is also fun and, while safer, also has lower kill potential. But a dedicated healer is terribly boring (how many people do you know consider support soraka to be the funnest champion in LoL?), and there is a reason for it. The gameplay is all but aggressive (don't get me wrong ,you can be aggressive with soraka, but her kit still won't be... the only reason you can be aggressive with her is that you can outlast the counter-attack, turning a trade into an harass).

So yeah, I kinda understand Morello when he says he doesn't want more dedicated healer (especially since there isn't too much room for a 2nd dedicated healer... it would've to be an AoE Healer and it would probably be VERY powerful [look at karma, with cs])