Nami Sneak Peek

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyUnit

11-15-2012

Does she sing?

Nerokyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

I'm just waiting for people to scream how she's a rip off of naga siren >_>

KRYPTØNITE

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
[aws2=news/November_2012/2012_11_15_Nami_Sneak_Peek/Nami_Concept.jpg]news/November_2012/2012_11_15_Nami_Sneak_Peek/Nami_Concept_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

Hey folks,

As Ive been hinting at for a little while now, the next champion is our new support character. While well get to the details on her in the next few days, I wanted to pull back the curtain on what support champion means when we set out to create one.

First up, lets discuss the differences between support characters, and the lane assignment of support they overlap a lot, but theyre not the same:

• Support characters are defined by being assisters and enablers for their allies this is the core support psychology we want to achieve. Good examples of these characters are Janna, Lulu or Sona.
  • Support as a lane role is any character that can thrive on less gold, and has a strong lane presence either offensively or defensively. Characters from the previous definition often fit here, but other characters go here a lot. For example: Leona is a tank, but plays the support role in a team. Alistar is a little of both because hes a great linebacker.

So, with that out of the way: when we talk about a support character (like Nami the new one!) we mean the first definition. Zyra, while able to play the support role, is not a support champion by these definitions shes more like a mage with an off-spec.

So, why should you care about Nami? Let me tell you!

• She brings a combination of defensive utility (including a way to heal in combat situations!) and offensive set-up
  • Shes the water caster that youve anticipated for a long time with a support leaning
  • Shes a regal mermaid an archetype I think we can agree is a needed addition to the League lineup
  • Her offensive setup features a skillshot-style paradigm, something supports have only really had with Lulu; we wanted to expand a bit
  • While this is the concept art and the final has changed (as all concepts do through development), shes drawn by the ridiculously talented Gem Lim

Weve learned a lot of lessons from our supports, and think Nami shows how we can make a character who satisfies the core support psychology, and is healthy for the game. And with our commitment to developing a variety of champions, youll be seeing more supports coming next year so this is far from the last example of that.

Look for more exact details, including skills and more art, in the upcoming days and you will be able to check out Nami on the Public Beta Realm soon, too.
Tell me how Sona and Lulu are assisting the adc when they get half the kills because they dish out soo much damage? Not complaining, but I find Sona and Lulu two of the strongest poke supports in the game.

Dat Asian Gurl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Whoever came up with the concept of this champion -- you just played my damn heartstrings. I mean, you guys had me extremely interested once I heard she wasn't capable of wearing shoes.

I'll be buying this champion DAY ONE. (^ -w-^) So pretty, and support is my main role!

Stexe

Adjudicator

11-15-2012

Glad to see another support... but yet again female? Will Taric and Alistar be forever alone?

What about a villain / evil support like an overlord mastermind? Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely excited to see another support -- just wish you'd mix it up a bit! =)

CabecoteNA

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComanderMolander View Post
fizz gonna get laid
LOL

I'm so trhilled for Nami. Can't wait to try her in the PBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
Glad to see another support... but yet again female? Will Taric and Alistar be forever alone?

What about a villain / evil support like an overlord mastermind? Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely excited to see another support -- just wish you'd mix it up a bit! =)
Have you heard about Angus the Bearmancer? xD But yes LOL needs more male supports asap

HyperMarth

11-15-2012

If she is truly noble, will she have a Dohohoho laugh? Please tell me she will have one!!

FerretWithASpork

11-15-2012

Awwww, Fizz is getting a girlfriend! :P

Tempestphile

11-15-2012

Are you kidding me?????

This is way more moe then Teemoe

Fishsangwich

Recruiter

11-15-2012

woot can't wait. Fishsangwich will have a fish champ to play