Nami Sneak Peek

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xpyder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiBelgarath View Post
You hate a role (dedicated healer) that a lot of gamers- and I mean a LOT of gamers- deeply love and enjoy and find fun. You are never going to make a support champion without people complaining, because every time they find a little hope in their heart that you get over your hatred of that archetype and include another one. Many people feel that healing should be to supports as gap closers are to bruisers and damage steroids are to carries.

Whether you like it or not, that mind set isn't going away :/
yeah... about that... i played with a soraka that firmly believed her job was to heal only... needless to say, it was one of the worst supports ive ever seen.... she did nothing but heal and was always so far from the battle that i had to tank both, the support and the ADC while in bot lane if i ever wanted to engage, this game was horrible mainly because of this carappy soraka, this goes to all of you "support players", supports are NOT HEALERS and they should never be, it creates a super boring game/lane!! Supports are about harassing, map awareness, even tanking and dying sometimes, so the more important and gold efficient can live and dish out their damage!

Kunami Mata

11-20-2012

I've never bought a character at release before. This will be my first. To be fair, it's due in part to my biases. I go by Nami most places online and I tend to only play healers, so it's like she was made for me. And hey, I really dig the mermaid thing, too!

Wish more people knew the name Nami meant "wave" in Japanese. Maybe it'd put an end to all the One Piece references, but probably not.

Ruthless Sophie

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Did I? I'll need a source on that one.

Morello do you ever get lazy and come on the forums to read all the misquoted "Morello is nerfing X champion" thread headlines while thinking "Ok GD let's see who I'm nerfing this patch!"

Cause if I were you I would do that sometimes...

NC Daj

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflMyPancakes View Post
You also promised one before September then released Syndra instead

Nami's living up to my expectations though.
Syndra = most broken support ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXJz1...6&feature=plcp

Xdragonale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Yeah a water elemental champion!

Though I have an amazing idea for another support which could be really awesome, a chef champion dedicated to a support role

Han Solo Laner

11-20-2012

She looks fantastic. I would kill for more very humanoid but with a hint of 'monster' champs (not that there isn't a decent selection already) Nami is perfect in that regard to me. She's what I wanted Siren Cass to be!

On a slightly related note, we need a Satyr!

RoflMyPancakes

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Did I? I'll need a source on that one.
Quote:
We don't have all the 2012 champs planned yet, so there's room at the end (and I've marked one of them to read TBD Support), but we have plenty of time to make it. Basically, we'd have to have it started by August or September to meet that goal. Archetype and fantasy are a big play here (as support isn't a good fit for "power fantasy" like killers are) and that can be tough too, though I think Lulu is a good example of one way to do that.
I have misread Morello. For shame.

Morello

Lead Designer

11-20-2012
9 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflMyPancakes View Post
I have misread Morello. For shame.
Ah - easy misunderstanding We did start Nami in late August!

Buckledsafe

11-20-2012

Have a potato.

Kikhan

11-20-2012

So what tech came about that made Riot feel good about adding a water effects champion?