Peli's Fiora Rework Ideas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absolute 42

11-27-2012

I love this. Bump.

Peligrad

11-29-2012

bump

Peligrad

11-30-2012

bump

Peligrad

01-04-2013

Well, S3 items have been out for a while. People have a good idea of how powerful each champion is (or isn't) and things have largely stabilized again.

And Fiora still sucks.

Absolutely awful still...if not worse than before (just as I predicted).

So...can we get a Fiora rework yet? Pretty please?

Here are her current S3 stats.

http://www.lolking.net/champions/fio...ked#statistics

She's seeing play in 2% or less of ranked games and averaging a 46% win rate.

What this says is that she is only being used as a counter pick...and she is still losing more than winning even with her best possible match ups...

DEFINES: UNDERPOWERED

FriendlyGarchomp

01-04-2013

I honestly think that this i dea is great and going somewhere, it could give her that amazing deulist quality that she's supposed to have and make her just stronger and viable in general. And im thinking, giving her this and making her stronger will give her that boost of a higher win rate because i hardly even ever see any fiora players when I play so I'm surprised becasue she's my favorite even though i would like to see her buffed.

Peligrad

01-10-2013

Thanks Henryly

masterdragon481

01-10-2013

I really like the ideas here. But someone else questioned the passive, and so will I. The only other champion I can think of in the game with a regen increase like that (excluding buying spirit visage) is vlad who gets said regen increase on an ability that damages himself and has values of 3-8% increase. This takes longer to stack up (since he can't stack it with fast autos) and hurts him to keep it up. Also, the regen clearly isn't as powerful (a third of the strength). Now, I understand that fiora isn't pumping out more damage with it while vlad is (at least not in the same way, shes gonna live a lot longer now, and do more damage while shes alive) but that a passive is three times greater than a active ability seems a bit ludicrous to me. Especially considering that it will work with lifesteal. I like the idea, i just think that that much healing is a bit over the top; when vlad gets strong he is almost impossible to kill because of his heals; and you are giving her a strong heal what, twice a second when all is said and done? Even scaling it, so it was maybe 10% at early levels and increased to 24% later in the game, its still seems too over the top. That aside, I really like the idea of it.

I am also nervous about what her Q would do now. I like the sound/idea of it. I was really happy when you said you were taking the damage away, considering the combination. Even with that in mind, a double attack negation plus that damage is a huge swing in the other direction; even more so with her E active. I have never played her, so correct me if im wrong, but in lane that would mean she could dash to an opponent, hit them, block the attack, and dash back to a minion and out of harms way, for 60 mana and full passive stacks? yikes. You compared it to pantheon's W and, correct me if im wrong, but you seem to only be comparing the fact that they block to attacks. You also mentioned the lack of stun. But against a beefy opponent and if pantheon isn't fed, after his stun, people will still trade with him because he has no escape. But with fiora you have left no room for a counter attack, shes is in and out too quickly to get two auto attacks off (for one auto attack of damage), and she just got her passive for any followup duel the opponent might try. But again, what I bring up here would actually have to be tested; Its entirely possible it will just put her on par with other top laners, not make her overpowered.

Overall, I really like the ideas. Just those two issues.

masterdragon481

01-10-2013

ah. so about the passive complaint. I misread vlad's E. Its 8% per stack, so 32% total. still might be a strong passive, considering its a passive and how easily she will stack it and also how much more it will help her. But certainly not as ludicrous as I first believed it to be.

Peligrad

01-10-2013

Well. Ok master I'll try to tackle what you said 1 thing at a time.

First about the passive. Fiora's reworked passive is that she gets up to 24% bonus healing/regen.

But unlike Vlad, nothing in Fiora's kit makes her heal inherently (outside her passive hp/5 regen which is such a small value that its nothing beyond the first couple levels). While Vlad's Q inherently gains him more hp.

Secondly, Vlad is manaless so he can spam Q all day with no downside compared to Fiora who has mana.

Third, Vlad has range on all his skills. Fiora is melee only. She has a double gap closer...but she has to be in melee making her much less safe than Vlad while taking advantage of healing effects.

Fourth, hers is much more conditional. Vlad can spam E with no targets around at any time. Fiora's passive requires her to not only be attacking a target, but that target must be a player to stack more than once.

Fifth. Tides of Blood has lots of other perks with it. It deals damage in AoE (at range), and it ramps up more damage in addition to the healing effect.

All Fiora's passive is designed to do is make her easier to support and make her a stronger duelist by making lifesteal more effective on her by a moderate margin.

As far as your concern with Q goes. Honestly, even with the effects she'd be hard to get good trades with.

Her Q still doesn't block spell damage, just auto attacks and if like you say, she's using Q to get in and out then she has only 4 seconds to play with AND needs a target to dash out to.

Any champion with a hard CC or silence could really grief her. They could choose to CC her while BoS is active, which shuts down her damage almost entirely. OR they can CC her in the last second of her lunge to disallow the second lunge and beat her up.

As far as blocking 2 autos goes. Panth blocks 2 as well. He gets 4 attacks and gets his block, once its used he can auto refresh with Aegis to get a second in very similar fashion. No he can't "escape" but he also has a huge range and skill base damage, and CD advantage on Fiora. I personally would not want to go Fiora vrs Panth in lane ever...even with this rework.

BattleBootyRiven

01-10-2013

Good post man.. I used to play fiora since level 7... when I first started back In july..I have all her skins even the halloween one >.>; I wish she could be viable it would be fun