Warwick Status and Future

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MorpheusWayne

05-25-2014

Hello,

Recently I've been selecting Warwick again for matches and it's been a few season's since I've done so. When I first started playing this game back in 2010 he was a champion that really appealed to me, especially his ultimate and E ability where he hunts injured opponents down. I was curious if anyone else feels he's somewhat weak and quite difficult to do well with currently, it's starting to seem like I'm holding myself back when I select him. His 1v1 potential is great but no one really stands there and goes blow for blow with you. I don't think riot has made changes to WW in sometime and hopefully others alongside myself feel he's due for some.

Thanks

IamTitan21

05-25-2014

I play main mid and the only time I have to deal with WW is if he is jungling.... even then he is pretty underwhelming. If the enemy midlaner is not paying attention WW can gank and ult me all he wants and 9 times out of ten I will get away or kill him.

SomeCallMeEd

05-25-2014

Supposedly he's getting a rework soon. But he is kinda underwhelming. Not bad, just....clunky.

He kinda needs a team built around him to work well at the moment. Jungling he will get invaded like crazy because everyone knows he needs 6 ASAP and he can't compete with early game junglers like Lee Sin.

In lane his mana problems kinda hurt him a lot. He works great against non sustain champs outside of Riven (She kinda destroys you Top from what I've tried)

Waiting for the rework here. The kit they mentioned looks pretty cool, apparently he's getting a Volibear style Fear and a Vi esque gapcloser. From the rumors anyway.

Gingivits

05-25-2014

I played him top against a Riven and did actually quite well. Maybe riven was not as good but I feel like she was, she just couldn't keep up with sustain(I went flask start and proceed to fill inventory with mana pots after while building armor). It was even 2-2 for kills with both junglers getting one assist but I had about 12-15 more farm then her even though under my turret. Problem was that my turret was lower then hers but one successful gank gave us a tower after about 10-12 minutes.

WW in my opinion is in an akward place where he gets kited very easily but has an amazing ultimate. He has amazing sustain yet runs oom very quickly. If you build, get masteries or runes for mana regen, you are really hindering his late game. He becomes really scary late game no matter what lane he is in unless he is completely starve of gold.

johnpobley

05-26-2014

I actually think the opposite. Warwick is borderline op with a very high win rate. I use him a lot and actually feel "cheap" doing so because of the monster he becomes

Try this jungle path (longer path just be sure someone watches the other buff and you ward it after)

If starting blue - wight - wolves - wraith - red - golem - wraith - - wolves - wight. Go b at this point should be level 5 and have enough for madreds, boots, attack speed dagger.

Hit 6 and start to gank. His main problem is he is virtually useless pre 6 and ultra susceptible to invades from strong early jungles (hence the long path will make the other jungle waste a lot of time if attempting to invade, and warding will ensure u don't lose the buff)

Build order is very easy. Every game I get feral - bork (boots lvl 2 after usually merc treads), at this point he becomes ridiculously strong

After that if the game is relatively even or you are ahead get witts end

If not get a tank item (thornmail randuins or visage depending on who is fed on their team)

Final build usually is feral, bork, witts, randuins, visage. (If you want to be more tanky skip witts and go for third tank item) Warwick is ridiculously strong and almost impossible to kill. You will be surprised how often u actually hit full build.

Just a benchmark - try to have feral flare complete at 15 - 17 mins. If it is taking a lot longer than that try to waste less time. Even though it was nerfed feral flare and bork give you a huge power spike

Try this enough and you will start to feel "overwhelming". I actually hope they don't remake him because he is extremely powerful and hilarious to play right now

MorpheusWayne

05-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpobley View Post
I actually think the opposite. Warwick is borderline op with a very high win rate. I use him a lot and actually feel "cheap" doing so because of the monster he becomes

Try this jungle path (longer path just be sure someone watches the other buff and you ward it after)

If starting blue - wight - wolves - wraith - red - golem - wraith - - wolves - wight. Go b at this point should be level 5 and have enough for madreds, boots, attack speed dagger.

Hit 6 and start to gank. His main problem is he is virtually useless pre 6 and ultra susceptible to invades from strong early jungles (hence the long path will make the other jungle waste a lot of time if attempting to invade, and warding will ensure u don't lose the buff)

Build order is very easy. Every game I get feral - bork (boots lvl 2 after usually merc treads), at this point he becomes ridiculously strong

After that if the game is relatively even or you are ahead get witts end

If not get a tank item (thornmail randuins or visage depending on who is fed on their team)

Final build usually is feral, bork, witts, randuins, visage. (If you want to be more tanky skip witts and go for third tank item) Warwick is ridiculously strong and almost impossible to kill. You will be surprised how often u actually hit full build.

Just a benchmark - try to have feral flare complete at 15 - 17 mins. If it is taking a lot longer than that try to waste less time. Even though it was nerfed feral flare and bork give you a huge power spike

Try this enough and you will start to feel "overwhelming". I actually hope they don't remake him because he is extremely powerful and hilarious to play right now
Just finished a match with WW and gave your tips a try. Your jungle route helped in getting that ult ASAP for ganking effectively, and the early game build was good with feral and BOTRK. Thanks for the advice the champion felt more useful with it.

johnpobley

05-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorpheusWayne View Post
Just finished a match with WW and gave your tips a try. Your jungle route helped in getting that ult ASAP for ganking effectively, and the early game build was good with feral and BOTRK. Thanks for the advice the champion felt more useful with it.
Good to hear it. Play enough games and he will feel great (not as bulky) and you will find you can actually carry with him quite well. I find Warwick is great at breaking open even games beca.use he is a monster later. Only time you run into trouble is when a lane is feeding hard pre 6 where your contribution to a lane is terrible lol. Be careful early jungle with a long route to not lose your second buff and good luck

SomeCallMeEd

05-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingivits View Post
I played him top against a Riven and did actually quite well. Maybe riven was not as good but I feel like she was, she just couldn't keep up with sustain(I went flask start and proceed to fill inventory with mana pots after while building armor). It was even 2-2 for kills with both junglers getting one assist but I had about 12-15 more farm then her even though under my turret. Problem was that my turret was lower then hers but one successful gank gave us a tower after about 10-12 minutes.
Most of the Rivens I end up fighting if I ever get to go Warwick top just hard engauge me if I Q. They rush in with that Dash + Stun thing and shield themselves, then Q, AA, Q, AA, Q and dash out usually dealing significantly more damage then I can with Q and some AA's. She ends up pushing her lane a little but once she hits Six she'll constantly try to Ult and all in you as she will most likely be packing ignite and her ult combo seems to do enough to pretty much leave warwick with enough health to be ignited to deal and no last minute Q can help you because of Ignites grevious wounds.

But I could just be bad with him, or not be building the right runes with him. I dunno, he just feels kinda blah until level 6. After that he's awesome. Just getting to 6 is a nightmare pretty much anywhere.

Gingivits

05-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeCallMeEd View Post
Most of the Rivens I end up fighting if I ever get to go Warwick top just hard engauge me if I Q. They rush in with that Dash + Stun thing and shield themselves, then Q, AA, Q, AA, Q and dash out usually dealing significantly more damage then I can with Q and some AA's. She ends up pushing her lane a little but once she hits Six she'll constantly try to Ult and all in you as she will most likely be packing ignite and her ult combo seems to do enough to pretty much leave warwick with enough health to be ignited to deal and no last minute Q can help you because of Ignites grevious wounds.

But I could just be bad with him, or not be building the right runes with him. I dunno, he just feels kinda blah until level 6. After that he's awesome. Just getting to 6 is a nightmare pretty much anywhere.
That's exactly what she did. I ran teleport though and on my first back, didn't buy boots but a chain vest 3 health pots and 5 mana pots and just sat at turret. I would use Q on her, but then I would also try to save it for minions after she would or during the middle of the engage. I have played WW in lane and jungle(not as much anymore but I did at one point play him a good deal) and I actually prefer top if I can. A faster 6, more gold for items. Depending on the situation I would rush either a sunfire cap or SV then a blade. Then after that full tank with a frozen mallet and you will win all duels and initiate team fights easily with your ult and force CC onto you.

johnpobley

05-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorpheusWayne View Post
Forgot to mention... Absolutely crucial to have attack speed runes. It's up to you how you run it but I like MS quints, AS marks, armour scaling yellows and mr blues.

Masteries are 9 - 21 - 0 (in offence take ad and as part of tree)