Putting a summoner on "Ignore" should prevent getting grouped with them.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bambooya

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
I understand your frustration and I do agree this is a problem. If you give Riot enough time, we will come up with a solution to address this kind of issue. For your suggestion, the main concern is that how do we prevent this feature getting abused? One way to abuse this is by adding all the people above my rank to the ignore list, and then I will only get matched with people below my skill level. I will then be able to farm my way to the top of the ladder.
I think the solution is a simple cap on the number of ignores that are counted towards the 'no-match' list.

Meaning, if I dislike player "1" and decide to ignore them, they go on to my, say, 20-person ignore/no match list (not separate lists, the system simply doesn't match me with the 20 most recently ignored people).

This way, as trolls and bothersome people TEND to be short-term, it would alleviate the pain getting requeued with the same people who trolled, bothered me, or abused me, but yet, it would not allow me to simply abuse the system by ignoring MANY people with the intent of dodging them for other reasons. You could lower the number to 10, or whatever seems feasible.

The point being, if I ignore player 1 and am not matched up with him, by the time I've ignored another 19 people, he drops off my 'no match list' but still remains on my general ignore.

TheVoidDream

11-19-2012

Bump to support the cause!

jaybay123

11-20-2012

Quote:
I understand your frustration and I do agree this is a problem. If you give Riot enough time, we will come up with a solution to address this kind of issue. For your suggestion, the main concern is that how do we prevent this feature getting abused? One way to abuse this is by adding all the people above my rank to the ignore list, and then I will only get matched with people below my skill level. I will then be able to farm my way to the top of the ladder.

Personally I feel that people wouldn't go for that because there's more of a chance that they would ban people below them rather than above.

alcah0lic

12-04-2012

bump

It seems to me that at least in high population elo ranges it would be feasible to allow one "ignored" person not to be grouped with another. In cases where someone has large amounts of ignored enemies, that person's ignores are counted as less relevant than a player who only has one or two players ignored. In low population elos obviously this wouldn't be a good choice because it would really play a larger role in who you are grouped with (and subsequently how you perform) when there are less than 50 people in queue.

I don't know the exact mechanics of ignore, but couldn't you also just cap the number as well if it created logic problems?

nothingxs

12-04-2012

Quote:
Simple. It will never pair them with you. Against you, however...

DrMarvinRubdown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
I would suggest a cap to ignored players and you to ignore someone you have to have been in a game with them within your match history. hope this helps, Mervin.

Maruzarix

12-05-2012

This is easily done with out abuse by having at the end of matches by the buttons with report and honour a never group us again button. Separate this feature from ignore. You could only do it randomly then with the people you were Q'd with.

Could be like a dishonour button

MemoryLapse

12-06-2012

Quote:
Just have an ignore list limit like you do for the buddy list.

DJ Radix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarreb View Post
What I'm suggesting wouldn't work that way. It would only prevent them from being put in your team, not on the team opposing yours (since it doesn't matter if you can't respond to them or not). In this case, putting everyone higher ranked than you wouldn't help you, it would actually be a hindrance (since your opponents could have higher rankings, but your allies would not).
Then you could go through lolking and ignore people who have playstyles you want to avoid, ensuring that you get match with teammates who play the champions you want to see. If you always want to play AD ranged, for instance, you could ignore everyone who plays AD ranged the majority of the time. Then you'd get your choice most every time.

GreetingsGoodbye

03-21-2013

Quote:

LOL, this makes no sense at all. I mean, did you really, really think that the OP meant ignored users should not be matched AGAINST?? Really? o.O I find that pathetically hilarious, frankly...

Honestly, if I ignore someone, I don't wanna see them ON MY TEAM. It's not that hard to even comprehend.