[Suggestion] Allow Ping Check in Client

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blue Prism

11-14-2012

I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere before, but it would be really useful to be able to check your ping to the game server before you enter a game and not have to make a custom 1vsbot every time. It doesn't even need to constantly update (once every few minutes will suffice, or it can go in the preferences box) and it's very easy to code for.

When I'm home from college, my ping can be anywhere from 40 to 200 and I don't want to play with 0.2s delay.

Kelberry

11-15-2012

If you're on linux, you can just go to Terminal and type "ping example.com" or something.
If you suffer from high ping, it's more often than not that it's your ISP failing, and not Riot's game servers. So this method is fine. You can probably find something similar on Windows.

Beaumains

11-16-2012

This would still be a good addition; that way you at least know what you're in for, and can figure out if it's temporary and/or fixable.

naotasan

11-16-2012

ping riot servers with cmd command in windows

slipp1

11-16-2012

I suggested this a month ago, idk what happened. But I totally agree. And we don't want to run a ping cmd on windows, we want it on pvp.net

in4thekill

01-09-2013

either pvp.net or on the server, lol, ping check on pvp.net wouldn't make much sense but i understand where ur going with this.