Lyte Ribbon questions.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesodoth

11-14-2012

Lyte, I logged in today to find out that I've been sent back to green ribbon status. I was enjoying the yellow life. Being a great leader had its perks, I won't lie. People used to show respect, and awe in my presence. I'd snap my fingers and games would be won or lost at my whim. Team fight breaking out? not an issue, because I just commanded it to stop. ... and now that's all gone. NO one respects the green ribbon. They just think I'm a tool who does what he's told. Oh how the tables have turned.

Lyte, why'd you take muh Ribbon! I need it back, I gotta have that ribbon. Tell me what I gotta do. From the point that I got the Leadership Ribbon, I'm pretty sure my honor has almost doubled(I think). If this is about getting Honor every day.. well some of us work, and, I can't farm honor and retain something that I've already earned. And, believe me I've earned that ribbon. Not many people worked as hard as I did for those honor votes ( or maybe none that I ran into ).

I don't know if it's a glitch, or what. but I've gotten 6 ribbons. 1 1 2 2, so, I'm assuming I need two more ribbons just to maintain an item I already got. This isn't fair, this isn't fair by anyones messure... or just mine.. I don't know.

Please.. tell me how this works. tell me why a person who is getting honor all the time, doesn't retain an item they had to work for.

This was like a kick to the gut.. I log in to find out I'm no longer a gold member.. I'm a lame green poser wanabe.

Jesodoth

11-14-2012

*sigh*

Really depressed about this now..

*sighhhhhhhhhh*

Jesodoth

11-15-2012

Day 2: No Ribbon in sight.

My will to be nice to people in game.. has dropped to 0

Games now feel like they did before the honor system.. no one cares, and I don't either. Less stress on my part, as I can say and do what ever I want. Being nice is over rated.

I might lose more games, but at least I now get to tell that troll to shut up, instead of my usuall, 'don't stress', or 'calm down bro'. Am I happy, not really.. but then again, I'm not making others happy by being positive, so I think it works out in a cosmic sort of way.

Jesodoth

11-15-2012

Reserved

Jesodoth

11-15-2012

Reserved.

LittleDi

11-15-2012

I've got a blue one. People seem to think I'm their teacher now.

Yiyo chan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

I really hope this is a joke, because if you Need incentive to be a decent person , I don't know if you understand the concept or being decent. :/

From the League Wiki " Crests and ribbons are temporary rewards designed to encourage players to remain honorable even after receiving the recognition. As such, they can be lost if players stop acting positively and no longer receive honor. Being punished by the tribunal will also remove all crests and ribbons from a player, similarly to honor points" .
If you think it's a mistake, you can always send a ticket to Riot.

Jesodoth

11-15-2012

so, this time of the year when it's busy and I'm working long hours, I don't get as much honor.. and now on top of the stress of life and work, I also have to grind honor.. makes sense.

The Ribbon was a part of me as much as I had to earn it. It told people who I was, and losing it didn't feel good.

This isn't a joke. I don't need incentive to be who I am, but this has been very disheartening.

Here's a cookie for being a good boy.. you like that cookie, well, I'm taking it back.

LYTE I SUMMON YOU! ... I've made the appropriate sacrifices, and spelled your name backwards in blood.. COME TO ME!

Yiyo chan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

You just said " I don't get as much honor " ... makes sense... since it can go away if you stop receiving the honor, or lower the ammount you get...
They are TEMPORARY. I bet that you'll get it back if you keep behaving like a good player, instead of starting to be negative just because you lost a ribbon in a game...
Again, there's always the support ticket if you think something glitchy happened. .

Jesodoth

11-15-2012

I'm going to try a mix of both. I'll try negative reinforcement. My team does bad, I will be nice.. my team does good, I'll ask them why they didn't do better.

I doubt it's a glitch.. I just think this sucks.

Thinking on it though, I can understand why we don't simply keep them. but that doesn't change the fact that it sucks to lose something you worked for.