Nidalee's Panther form in French Maid and Classic skins looks too MASCULINE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sminkle

11-20-2012

I think she looks great and I never realized those facts about the differences between cats and male/female cats, so good point, but probably an easy fix. Her skin tone is fine, maybe a little too red, which can take away from the visibility of all the details put into her costume.

I'm just surprised you are sexualizing a cougar right now.

Daemous

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemis View Post
Wow, the furries are up in arms. I guess I was distracted how badass her new skins look, and well, the sexy.

This has nothing to do with furries. You are obviously looking for a fight when you generalize a subject bashing on a certain group of people when someone is posting any type of criticism in their feedback. How do you know that the OP that posted this or the people posting in this thread are "furries"? Did you ask each person? Why can't we who talk about an "animal" not looking right in a game just be people that find something wrong with the model of the "animal"(no offence to Nidalee) we are speaking of without being flagged as furries by a anonymous troll like yourself? Oh, right because you probably don't like "furries" and start trolling things you don't agree with.

Just because someone can transform into an animal doesn't automatically make them a "furry". I bet you think that Professor Minerva McGonagall is a furry simply because she can transform into a house cat.

sonofzeal

11-22-2012

I dunno, I think some of us are simply more comfortable not having to stare at a cat with gratuitous T&A. A lot of attempts to feminize animals ends up giving them ludicrous secondary sexual characteristics that are completely inappropriate for the species in question. And, for many of us, the results can range from "odd" at best to "creepy/disturbing" at worst.

However, I could see an argument for making it sleeker, more Bagheera and less Shere Khan.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
I dunno, I think some of us are simply more comfortable not having to stare at a cat with gratuitous T&A. A lot of attempts to feminize animals ends up giving them ludicrous secondary sexual characteristics that are completely inappropriate for the species in question. And, for many of us, the results can range from "odd" at best to "creepy/disturbing" at worst.

However, I could see an argument for making it sleeker, more Bagheera and less Shere Khan.
I wish I knew who either of those two were...

Anyways, I'm NOT talking about Nidalee's cougar form lacking T&A, just read my thread. I even provided picture examples. Does Shira, Lady, or Nala have T&A? No, but their genders are clearly identifiable.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

bump?

She's released, she does still look too masculine.

Onuava

12-09-2012

I'm not "displeased" with the visual upgrade, but I hope to god Nidalee gets some new skin options.
I missed out on getting the Leopard skin when I could've before they made it legacy, and I can't stand the new French Maid or Pharaoh -- Nidalee should have more options to remain tribal-looking as is her theme.

While I'm not opposed to the "tougher" look of the new cat models, I will say that the French Maid cougar looks almost more wolf-like... the nose is a little too long, felines should have much more stunted noses. The model also looks very bulky/solid, and as Ginga says, seems masculine probably as a result of this. A sleeker more pantherine look would suit her better.

Shockforce

12-09-2012

I thought it weird that the cat form has a mane and saber tooth teeth, and the maid one looks almost wolf like. The other thing is that cats have retractable claws which make them more easily distingushable from other four legged creatures.

Besides that the 'cougar' does is not have the destinctive white and black on its face; above it's mouth and above it's eyes and the panther has that odd white fur patch and a less than black color otherwise. Totally takes out the idea of being a panther.

I do not think they captured nidalee in that. However, they put in a lot of work into the 'cougar' skins so it would a shame to see it go to waste.

At minimum I would suggest to darken the 'panther' hair, tone down the mane on both, and widen the paws on both.