Entropy and Kitae's

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fat of the Land

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Blade of the Ruined King is a much better item than Kitae's and serves a similar purpose. I think straight replacing it with BoRK would do well.

I've only ever bought Entropy once on Riven, I don't like Phages passive on such a high tier item (RNG sucks), and the active is a little awkward and overlaps with the passive. I don't know what to do with it though honestly.

NavyGothic

11-14-2012

Entropy itself isn't a bad item, but it suffers from comparison to Frozen Mallet and Trinity Force.

If you *need* the slow effect, you build a Mallet. If you don't need the guaranteed slow, Trinity Force is just such a strong option for the tanky DPS environment of Dom.

Suggestion: Perhaps change the combine from Phage + BF to Phage + Brutaliser and rework the stats to suit? That would be a nice alternative to TF for champions who don't really benefit from the TF proc.

--

Kitae's is in a very awkward position. It's magic damage, but it only really benefits autoattackers. The only champions for whom that overlap exists are hybrids (Teemo, Kayle) and quite frankly even for them it's not particularly cost effective.

Suggestion: If Kitae's is meant to be a tank-killer, it would be far better to target resists than health. Remove the magic damage proc entirely (so it's viable for AD autoattackers), and instead give a stacking % armour and MR penetration effect (perhaps 5% per hit, to a maximum of 50%). That turns it into an alternate version of LW / Void Staff - no up front burst, but stronger maximum effect if you focus on a tank for some time.

Orphane

11-14-2012

Given that I think Kitae's should be repurposed strictly for giving On-hit magic damage builds more options/power, why not have it become an upgrade to Malady? Perhaps slightly increase the AP or attack speed, but focus mainly on improving the proc (damage, MR shred) so that it actually becomes a force multiplier for on-hit items the way IE is for AD builds.

Ding an Sich

11-14-2012

I used to really really like Kitae's on Shyvana when I played her like crazy. basically I'd just get aegis, mercs, wit, FM, atmogs, and then either Kitae's/zap ems/ or another tank item depending on the role. THe problem for me though was it didn't justify being a beginning or even a secondary or 3rd item. It just made me feel good about fighting bruiser teams and not feeling like I do anything.

As for entropy.. I like getting it occasionally on AD carries, especially if I know I have to out survive rather than out damage to win. But it was probably not even used in 5% of my games.

NavyGothic

11-14-2012

If you really wanted to make Malady -> Kitae's a force multiplier for on-hit builds (which does sound fun!), how about something like;

Unique Passive: Each time you deal damage to a target, you deal an additional 10 magic damage. This effect applies to each source of damage separately.

AbsolutionJailor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I was actually kind of sad that Entropy hadn't made its way into Twisted Treeline. It seems like such a solid item, and I like the active giving me freedom from RNG. I built it on anyone who needed the slow from Phage but needed AD more than the myriad of stats found on Trinity Force.

Pretty much:

Riven
Zed
Pantheon (I know Mallet and TF are still solid, but that ratio on his Heartseeker)
Twitch
AD Teemo
Talon

-and a few others.

As for Kitae's, I like it in concept. It deals with tanky enemies.

Except, the majority of people who build it do physical damage, but do not have access to Spell Penetration. With a proper hybrid penetration item, it could do better, but as is, we're paying for 2.5% of their max health per hit, which is closer to 1.5% when you factor the innate magic resistance.

Then you add in the myriad of attack slowing items and abilities. Warden's Mail was such a huge/inexpensive counter to this item, especially when upgraded and/or paired with the number of MR items that bruisers gravitate towards (Wit's End and Hexdrinker/Maw).

So in essence, it defeats itself. You build it do deal with tanky bruisers, but you lack the means to optimize and fully benefit from it. They can counter the item with their natural build, and the investment to nullify it is cheaper than the investment to obtain it.

It wasn't worth building until the enemy had 2-3000 health, and even then, they'd have defenses and their own items to make it sub-optimal even then.

konfetarius

11-14-2012

Kitae needs a Blade of Ruined King style remake for pretty much the same reason Bloodrazor is getting replaced by that item in SR.

If you are an AD who wants tank killing, you build up your physical damage multipliers to outscale armor.

MoldyOnions

11-14-2012

Kitae's Bloodrazor suffers from the fact that it's simply a weaker Madred's Bloodrazor and Madred's Bloodrazor was never all that great. Perhaps it should be scrapped and replaced with some version of BotRK.

Entropy is just super super niche. The active is really hard to notice, too. Probably deserves a rework of some sort.

Zyorhist

11-14-2012

i personally run kitae's a lot...entropy, no...would rather frozen mallet than entropy, the active just isn't worth it...

Argodis

11-14-2012

Entropy costs too much because the champs that could potentially use it have to stack it up against Trinity Force, and to an extent Frozen Mallet. Entropy is far less useful when compared to these two items. The active is also kinda...boring.

In general, I think it's more of an issue of Trinity Force simply being too good on Dominion rather than Entropy being bad.

Kitae's needs to be remade.