Entropy and Kitae's

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cauldrath

11-15-2012

Thinking more on it, instead of trying to widen the group of champs that Entropy serves, which is one that doesn't really need any help at the moment, it might be worth it to just serve a different group that needs some help: AD carries. Instead of changing the BF sword into a pickaxe, make it a Zeal, Recurve Bow, Exec Calling, Lightbringer, or something along those lines. Having a slow is nice for carries, but Frozen Mallet and Trinity Force don't mesh that well with their itemization. You could also change out the active to be an AoE knockback, like a mini Monsoon. That way carries can do some self-peeling on occasion and improved kiting, making them better in small-scale fights.

As for Kitae's the % health damage isn't really serving the role of tank killer. Last Whisper is pretty much always going to be a better choice for that in Dominion, though the nerfs to resists in S3 may make the most cost-effective way to get effective health be to get more actual health in comparison, which would make Kitae's better in its current state. I'm honestly not very optimistic about this being a good item without a pretty major change.

The other current alternative to your opponent buying health is life steal, which doesn't work with Kitae's. I could see Kitae's maybe being a healthy item for Dominion if it was changed to increase your basic attack physical damage by a % of max health, applied before crit as if it was bonus AD, so it would be better on glass cannon builds and benefit from life steal, but wouldn't help Trinity Force or Sheen.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
So I think it's fairly clear at this point that both these items need looking at... kitae's in particular.
I think after S3 hits, I'll give them a balance pass. I don't have any plans on bringing Blade of the Ruined King over to Dominion currently, as it seems to very heavily favor bruisers. It shouldn't be too hard to give kitae's a few bumps.
What if Blade of the Ruined King/Kitae's factored in the enemies resistances to determine what % health it attacks? That was against armored/MR'd foes it'll do more damage where as those with little resistances do less damage? Seeing as the issue is that bruiseres take the item.

Or perhaps an easier option. Just do the Frozen Mallot trick and say Ranged champs get 8% health damage and melee get 4% (numbers not meant to be final). Not great for melee carries sure but it's probably better than what it is currently.

BuddhaRice

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
So I think it's fairly clear at this point that both these items need looking at... kitae's in particular.
I think after S3 hits, I'll give them a balance pass. I don't have any plans on bringing Blade of the Ruined King over to Dominion currently, as it seems to very heavily favor bruisers. It shouldn't be too hard to give kitae's a few bumps.
However, buff it too much and Kog will be at an even higher level that he already is. Good luck balancing stuff. Ask us if you need help!

Ardnalis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Problem with Entropy is it costs too much. If active were available earlier and stacked akin to GP poison you'd see it used a lot more.

Nny

11-15-2012

Haven't read this thread, but Entropy needs a massive overhaul.

The problem with Entropy is much like the post by (Morello? someone) about why Ionic Spark is being removed: It's combination of stats don't really go together.

AD caster/bruisers can't take full effect of the active because ASPD is needed. Maybe, MAYBE it could work on someone who builds wits end instead of Hexdrinker.

And on ADC, it's base stats are bad for gold efficiency and for it's active it's not very good because rarely can you just sit there and auto. The reason Crit builds are so good is because it allows you to burst then move (That, and life steal). Yes, with enough ASPD Entroy could destroy people, but that's a LOT of gold needed to make a HIGH gold item worth whiled.

With the new ranged item coming though, it could be pretty ****; That makes it 240 true damage added onto attacks. Still, as sad before, that's a lot of gold needed to make a build that will make the high gold item worthwhile. That doesn't happen in Dominion very often at all.

Dienovv

11-15-2012

Entropy? Never. Ever. In my life. Would I get that.
Kitaes? There are so many better options.

DrytharStarthra

11-15-2012

When i see Entropy, the problem with it is..as others have said, is that if you want health you take Frozen Mallet, if you want offence you take Tri-Force.

Then the problem with Kitae's is its underwelming since Defences are more prevelant then health in dominion. With that in mind...I am just going to offer you two remakes of the items.

Entropy: Zeal + B.F. Sword = Legendary Item, 65 dmg, +25 percent Attack Speed, 15 percent Crit Chance, 6 percent movement speed, Active: For the next 5 seconds your autoattacks do 75 true damage. (60 second cooldown)

Kitae's BloodRazor: Pickaxe + Malady = 40 AD, 25 Ability Power, 50 AS, Unique Passive Your attacks shred your target for 15 magic damage and 10 MR accumulatively. This shreds up to 5 stacks. Shreds last 6 seconds. (can only occur once every 15 seconds).

Attack setup.

First Attack does Base + 15 + 10MR shred
Second attack does Base + 30 + 20 MR shred
Third Attack does Base + 45 + 30 MR shred
Fourth attack does Base + 60 + 40 MR Shred
Fifth Attack does Base + 75 + 50 MR Shred

The concept here is, the longer you let this on hit guy hit you, the harder he hits.

Zeoroot

11-15-2012

I hardly get Entropy, as others have said Mallet and Triforce are much better options depending on what you want.

Kitaes...well...

:crickets chirping:

Veni13

11-16-2012

I never get either item. I'm pleasantly surprised to see this looked at in the first place. I'd personally just never paid attention to those items.

Lycantrip

11-16-2012

Kitae's almost never. Entropy depends on the situation. I usually hold off upgrading phage if I choose to build it to see how the game's playing out. If my teams dominating, i'll take Entropy for the damage. Otherwise I'll build the triforce or usually mallet. Mallet's just ridiculous on Dom. Perhaps remove Entropy and build an upgrade for some support items. I think that would balance Dom out more since most support champs tend to build AP to stay competitive. A Philo Stone that upgraded into a nice AP or CDR item would be awesome (I just thought of Shurelya's Reverie as I typed this, which is decent on Dom but not a first pick for me). Or a soul shroud that gives AP in the aura too. Sort of like what you guys did with chalice of harmony.