Entropy and Kitae's

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Regory

11-15-2012

Looks like RiotNome is probably done here but nonetheless...

Kitae's Bloodrazor just isn't a very good item. For all the problems Madred's has, it's not objectively a bad item. It's expensive. It doesn't work with crit or lifesteal, so it's not suitable for AD carries which are often the biggest damage-buyer and autoattacker on a team. It scales with enemy health so you maybe complete it as a third major item at the earliest and most games just don't last long enough before it can become relevant.

However, it's much stronger than any other single offensive item. Madred's has its niche, arguably too niche but usable regardless. As the lone damage item on someone like Warwick or Shen, tanks who have an excuse to build AS, it's great. Kitae's? Well, it's cheaper... but it's simply too weak. Kitae's loses the cost of Madred's Razors and the commensurate AD/Armor in its Summoner's Rift counterpart. That is fine. What doesn't work is that the percentage health proc is also significantly weaker. it just isn't worth buying even on the few champions that would consider Madred's in SR. It's not strong enough.

Entropy is not terribly cost-efficient, so it's kinda like Frozen Mallet in the sense that you're paying extra for the guaranteed slow (with some differences) except Entropy is the "damage" option and Mallet is the "tank" option. It's not a bad item, just most champions can't use it very well. As the damage-focused upgrade to Phage, Trinity Force is simply better most of the time. TF is a better self-contained damage item for tanky champs just looking for some token offense, not to mention the movespeed. TF is a better upgrade for ranged AD champions using Phage, as they tend to be overloaded on AD anyway (Sanguine, IE, LW) and short on AS/Crit... plus the movespeed. So who wants Entropy? The small roster of AD casters and assassins that have big bonus AD ratios in their kit. And that's assuming they don't also want Trinity Force.

It doesn't help that Warmog's got banned from Dominion since it left Frozen Mallet as the only major health item for AD champions.

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

I occasionally get Kitae's on PG. Mostly if doing an on hit build or if I am facing hp stacking without much mres.

Probably could use a little tweaking if you are wanting it to be purchased more often then niche builds.

0115D8CF

11-15-2012

I have no opinion on either, but I love how the guy who runs things asks this in a way that a regular player would. I was surprised to see it was Nome who made the thread lol

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Entropy is such an investment it's really hard to get. I really just want the active for the slow but it comes so late I might as well Frozen Mallet. It's a very powerful item though...

Personally I'd say Phage switched to an active guaranteed slow would feel better in a lot of ways but my desire for Trinity Force to be broken into multiple stronger components aside...

Maybe it's that Dom moves so quickly that it's hard to not buy when you are at base. Phage + Pickaxe + Longsword might be all that's needed to make it appear far more often.

I would like to warn that despite Entropy being maybe good on ADC I've always built it on melee.

I think Entropy could stand a rework while Kitae's should just be dropped.

Yaznar

11-15-2012

Kitae is nice for on hit champs that build malady, wits and spark as well, clearly beats wits and spark

BeefJerkyHunter

11-15-2012

I think Entropy's cost is just too high.
Maybe if we replace the BF Sword with a Pickaxe it would be more justifiable. Of course the end product would deal slightly less damage.

Nuclear Dragon

11-15-2012

As the first reply stated, Entropy is good on Riven. It's an item with a slow and high AD. Problem is she's the only character I consistently use it on.

When I look at Kitae's, the niche I WANT to see is a way to give damage to characters that have inherently bad damage or bad scaling scaling via items, aka Leona or Mundo.

Palladine

11-15-2012

I pretty much buy Frozen Mallet over Entropy every time, because of the persistent slow and better fit into bruiser kits. Entropy is a lot of damage, but doesn't offer as much on the defensive side. Something like Maw can give you strong defenses and almost or more AD at the same time.

Kitae's I like on Warwick, Kayle and Kog'maw, but that's about it. It's strong on those champions because of the synergy, but is lacking compared to other AD/AS items like Black Cleaver & Wit's End

NotBuzzJack

11-15-2012

Give Entropy spellvamp, and see how that tests. A lot of the champs who actually like Entropy, also like spellvamp.

Malah

11-15-2012

I don't play AD Casters so I don't use Entropy. If you're an AD Caster, I would probably build it later or only build it early if I get really fed. It's great for when you do get it, though - it's basically the damage version of FM. Khazix, Riven, and Talon would probably be my picks for using the item on. I don't view the large expense as a flaw because Phage is universally overpowered on anyone who auto attacks and either kites or wants to keep a target in range while BFS is good on anyone who goes raw damage. The only real choice is whether a Sanguine Blade would benefit you more on the champion you're playing when on an auto-attacker, but that says more about how derpass good SB is.

Kitae's is situational but great at what it does. Grab one against health stackers, profit. I don't get what people are whining about; complaining items aren't good for their "intended purpose" is stupid when they excel otherwise. If you want to damage down a tank or bruiser, get an AD Carry, Irelia, Olaf, or Darius. Kitae's is for shredding through HP, not through resists. I love that people bring up the MR thing: news flash, MR cuts down on Wits End as well! If they're not building health, then there's not any point to grabbing Razor. It's like building Odyn's when the other team doesn't have any magic damage.

The main selling point is that the item is far cheaper than MBR, and therefore accessible earlier and without sacrificing other itemization options to reach it in the meantime. Usually I'll buy as a last damage option on Irelia if I don't need the MR from Wit's End (frequent due to runes/treads, rare to get that far in a game). I'd grab it on Derpwick as well if the enemy team still goes HP despite his Q.

I've already stated my position on bringing over TT items. Get dat OP ish out of here.