Why most people think BFT is OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maxiroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

After reading all the BFT OP threads I have come to the one reason why most people think BFT is OP.

After the long reign of Bruiser and Tanks rolling over the poor AP characters of the game, they now have a fighting chance and are now able to kill said Bruisers and Tanks. Therefore those people who played nothing but Bruisers and Tanks are now QQing because they are actually dying and they are no longer the invulnerable powerhouses they used to be against AP characters.

I think BFT is fine, and if it truly is OP (which I don't think it is), it is just slightly such. I think AP characters (especially mages) needed this item badly. Now the meta is changed, and AP characters are a viable pick and now the constant Bruiser and Tank players have to learn that they can now be killed. Most people dislike drastic change such as this and do not want to learn to adapt.

This, my fellow summoners, is why BFT is 'OP'. If it gets nerfed we will go back to the old meta of everyone using Bruisers and Tanks, and IMO, a league where most champions are viable is a better world than one full of just Bruisers and Tanks.

Edit: I like some of the responses I've seen here and it has helped me look into why most people hate this item so much. Although I'm not entirely sure why I got downvoted as much as I have for this post, as what I posted were my views on my personal experiences of this item and what I posted is how I felt about the item. My experiences will differ from others experiences and the only way I will learn is by getting my thoughts out there to share with other summoners.

However due to me posting this, I have seen a lot of very good arguments as to why its so powerful (on certain characters), I can agree that the stats on the item are very good, and having the passive on top of those stats makes the item powerful. I have confidence that Riot will make the necessary changes to it and we can get this nasty BFT hatred behind us while still giving the AP champions that deserve it the help they need to stay competitive.

Wawix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

No ****. Most dominion players wouldn't buy a nigatron clock because it derails them from their usual 300 armor build.

This new item just showed me how faceroll the mode was and how little people can adapt to new things, so I went back to SR until the players get better and don't get singled out vs teemo or eve.
(even though I love the qqing that is going on in the forums atm)

Purpleskoal

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxiroth View Post
If it gets nerfed we will go back to the old meta of everyone using Bruisers and Tanks, and IMO, a league where most champions are viable is a better world than one full of just Bruisers and Tanks.
Now its tanks and Teemo with BFT. Do you even play Dominion?

AlphaFerric

11-28-2012

As someone who pretty much only plays mages in Dom, I have to disagree with you in thinking bft is fine. I was able to put out good damage as amumu/teemo/brand/ahri/eve before bft came out (especially teemo/amumu). I can consistently get triple kills with both teemo and amumu now, and bot has become laughable for the most part with ahri. I haven't played too much brand or eve since the patch so I'll refrain from commenting on them.

BFT brought my Xerath/Kennen/Vlad play to a more acceptable level where they could compete with well balanced champs. I'm putting out enough damage to be relevant in team fights with them, but I still have to worry about good positioning/landing kills optimally. In vlads case I don't need to be as tanky bot to withstand ganks now.

What the above tells me is that BFT makes the strongest mages in Dom too strong, and brought some of the weakest ones into a respectable light. I could honestly care less how any of them compare to bruisers, I just know consistently getting triple kills with little effort in 4v4's should not happen, and in some of those cases the skill input for that reward is very little.

Its OP on some mages, just needs some tweaks to bring it in line for all of them, and Nome is working on it.

EDIT: Not to mention, running a 15 pen page, you can get up to 95 mpen fairly quickly, which pigeonholes people into playing defensive steroid tanks so they focus one type of resist early on.

Redenbacher

11-28-2012

As it was said already, BFT is not getting complaints because mages are finally powerful again. BFT is getting complaints because champions like Singed, Teemo and Amumu - who didn't need any help - are now even more powerful.

Oh, and this topic didn't need it's own thread. You could have easily posted this in one of the 300 other 'BFT is broken' threads.

KaWraith

11-28-2012

BfT is essentially a counter-counter item.
The counter to mages is gap closers, MR and HP (tanks and bruisers have/spec for these)
the counter to MR and HP is BfT.
But there is no item that counters BfT

Riot is nerfing it.

Das Strychnine

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaWraith View Post
BfT is essentially a counter-counter item.
The counter to mages is gap closers, MR and HP (tanks and bruisers have/spec for these)
the counter to MR and HP is BfT.
But there is no item that counters BfT

Riot is nerfing it.

Maw of Malmortius
Negatron Cloak
Quicksilver Sash
Odyn's Veil
Wit's End
Force of Nature

Those are all pretty much god tier items it's just, better build Frozen Heart and Randuin's, I mean, I've been doing it for the last 1 year, why should I start building n00b items like QSS and FoN. (sarcasm on the n00b btw since those items are amazing). QSS is amazing, nothing more satisfying than QSSing a blind and then shredding a Teemo apart.

Wawix

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Strychnine View Post
Maw of Malmortius
Negatron Cloak
Quicksilver Sash
Odyn's Veil
Wit's End
Force of Nature

Those are all pretty much god tier items it's just, better build Frozen Heart and Randuin's, I mean, I've been doing it for the last 1 year, why should I start building n00b items like QSS and FoN. (sarcasm on the n00b btw since those items are amazing). QSS is amazing, nothing more satisfying than QSSing a blind and then shredding a Teemo apart.
Building MR on dominion? how dare you!!?!?! low elo trash
(you forgot the must-buy 25 MR merc threads)

Sazdek

11-28-2012

just downvoting another useless bft thread.

TCWA Tigerbite

11-28-2012

BFT isn't OP. Teemo and Amumu are OP! Flaming Tears of joy. My sweet, sweet Amumu.