Why do we not have a champ where they release their full potential on ult

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slide

11-14-2012

Nasus and Renekton as well.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

11-14-2012
2 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzleboom View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqsmxR-N4H4

This is what I think of every time Shyvanna ults.
Wow, he really went "full dragon" on that one. Didn't hold anything back. I mean, he went for it. Pretty bold move.

RIP Toyz

11-14-2012

I got yah man

Minister of Pie

11-14-2012

"Why does no champ have this"

"exactly like Yi and Riven"

wat.

hashinshin

11-14-2012

Also if Goku was in this game it'd get sort of silly because he apparently has no level cap and can just keep leveling up his ultimate, even when it was ultimate before.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

11-14-2012
3 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
Nasus and Renekton as well.
Where I think these 2 might fall short on 1 version of this fantasy is that it doesn't feel like they're enhancing their other abilities. There are plenty of champions that get stronger with their ult for a buff time (Master Yi, Alistar, Olaf, etc) but they either lack the transforming aspect, or the aren't making all their other powers stronger. Riven and Shyvanna seem to fulfill this part. Shyvanna is already filling another fantasy of being a dragon (half dragon, I know... I want arms AND wings as much as the next dragon lover), but there are other versions of this fantasy that are still out there.

Akrotheos

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lolicaust View Post
I got yah man
Now we just need the Dark Flame Master.

Hero de Brasil

11-14-2012

I've had a champ idea with this theme kept to myself for a long time now.
I'll spare you the details, but his ultimate's name is "Apotheosis". I really like self-realization as a character trait.

hashinshin

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Where I think these 2 might fall short on 1 version of this fantasy is that it doesn't feel like they're enhancing their other abilities. There are plenty of champions that get stronger with their ult for a buff time (Master Yi, Alistar, Olaf, etc) but they either lack the transforming aspect, or the aren't making all their other powers stronger. Riven and Shyvanna seem to fulfill this part. Shyvanna is already filling another fantasy of being a dragon (half dragon, I know... I want arms AND wings as much as the next dragon lover), but there are other versions of this fantasy that are still out there.
Well what I want clarified on Nasus is whether his siphoning strike in the normal world hits for 1,000,000 and whether or not he can just activate and use his ultimate at will.

I mean if he's a god in his world, and thats his god form, that means he always has his ultimate able to be used in the real world, no? Meaning that Nasus can always go godmode on who ever he wants, he just chooses not to.

It's like Super Saiyan right? He has to fight for 3 episodes before turning it on to just win.

BaneRain

11-14-2012

I think that if they introduce the "king" of the shadow isles, his ult should have an effect like that. Having that sort of concept (limiting themselves to compete sort of like jax does) it let's riot introduce superchamps that aren't broken. Example: Lorewise, the king of the shadow isles should be stronger than all of the shadow isles champions but for gameplay purposes they can't do that.

12345612 ... 20