Why do we not have a champ where they release their full potential on ult

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Claw of Time

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by im neko View Post
*cough* KARMA *cough*
no

Mattarias

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
If that were the case, I would want her sister to have a twisted mirror of it. Her wings turn upside down and bat like, she grows horns and a tail, etc. I know we're talking about flavor here, but flavor makes things taste good
Sounds good! I love flavor! Flavor gooooood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by im neko View Post
*cough* KARMA *cough*
o_o YESSSSSSssss <3

Robbynn

11-14-2012

I like the idea. I would want to Q, W, E to be passive abilities that became stronger when activated. It would be basic things like attack speed, armor, magic resist so would work on a bruiser type. Would allow for leveling armor or magic resist against opponent. Then R would be requiring certain percentage of mana pool to be available and Q, W, E not on cooldown unless using the idea of taking damage and/or time lets it activate. Time would make it a very weird synergy as when getting closer to unlocking then would want to be fighting. Thinking that would be sort of like Olaf ult in not able to be CC during it and it be one where the ult is where it is Super Saiyan mode with limited time. Everything is faster, tougher and stronger but requires such energy can't do it for more than a short period without rebuilding the energy.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

What about a champion (AD caster for instance) that for using spells/dealing spell damage they gain stacks that disappear after a short time. These stacks are required to activate their ultimate that makes the champions basic abilities more powerful. Basically the idea is that you get on a roll, full attacking in a fight and after a number of successful attacks the champ goes into a sort of frenzy that ends in him activating his 'true potential'.

Millia Hakumei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzleboom View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqsmxR-N4H4

This is what I think of every time Shyvanna ults.
And I think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RScuFmUU9Q

Ginga

Recruiter

11-14-2012

I don't know if this qualifies for this thread, but the idea of a champion being bound is because someone wants to keep the champion in check or under their control. Releasing the binding is because they want the champion to achieve something with his/her new purpose.

Then what if we use a real life concept and apply it to League of Legends? Domesticated Bird of Prey's such as Falcons have their head covered up, including their eyes as a common practice of Falconry. When idle, the masters puts a head cover on them like in the picture to keep the Falcon in check. Upon taking it off the Falcon goes off and do it's thing.

How does this fit in with League of Legends? Horus the egyptian god is based off of a Falcon. Just like how Anubis is based off of a Jackal and whatever the heck god decided to be born with a crocodile head. Who are the inspirations of both Nasus and Renekton respectively.

What I'm trying to get at is...combine the art of Falconry with Horus and the fact that you already have two champions based off of Egyptian gods and we have the new champion.

_____ the Prisoner of the Sands. He will be related to Nasus and Renekton somehow. But unlike them, he is restrained. His head will be bound up with no eye holes making him effectively blind, his wings will be chained together, his body will be weighed down by restraining armour like some sort of prisoner, and his weapon will be falchions just for the sake of pun. And obviously, he will be a humanoid Falcon just like how Nasus is a Jackal and Renekton is a Crocodile.

His ultimate will be similar to Nasus and Renekton, except unlike those two, his transformation uncovers his head, releases his armour, and frees his wings. His skillset will then be stronger versions of whatever he had normally.

There you have it, a champion that naturally fits in with LoL lore due to associations with two existing champions, and fits the "bound champion that releases full potential when using ult" by way of his falconry inspiration.

PS - while I'm at it, he should shoot a line skillshot that's a sand tornado or something, activating it again will instantly make this champion teleport at the tornado's location as though the sands combined to form him

Bboy Chow

11-14-2012

Lee Sin...

SuperCostaBro

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koniinge View Post
B-but...
Omg this

KalmDown

11-14-2012

What about a demon champion! Do we have one of those yet? I don't think so...

Some super mean demon possesses the champion for a short time, alters all their abilities to make the champions role switch (like converting a portion the champions AP into AD) all the while turning him into a massive demonic ragemonster. (Think Chaos Marines being possessed by Bloodthirsters) I think a Yordle would work best for this role. Give Veigar a rival in the evil midget category. And the demon could have a scythe! Two birds with one stone!

Stark Midnight

11-14-2012

This is bad character design, a character's playstyle should never be based on abilities that have huge cooldowns and "ultimate abilities". Ultimate abilities by their very nature already have a huge influence on gameplay, by tilting the scales more you will undoublty come to the akward place of being all might for 10% of the game and total trash for the other 90%.