[Bliztcrank] Nerf Suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

enkichild

11-21-2009

What I've noticed since last patch is that Blitzcrank can now grab a hero through minions instead of just grabbing the minion like before.

The problem with this change is that Blitzcrank in the right hands is nearly impossible to avoid even if standing beside or behind your tower.

So far, in every game I've played I find that it's damn near impossible to be melee DPS and sharing a lane against someone good with Blitzcrank because you can absolutely never come within range unless Rocket Grab is on cool down. Before a strategy I used was to stay behind minions, but now you're not safe even even strafing back and forth behind minions to make it hard to catch you.

I think Blitzcrank is already a very powerful hero, and the new change is not so great because you can't counter it by positioning yourself intelligently.

Drake O Dagger

11-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkichild View Post
What I've noticed since last patch is that Blitzcrank can now grab a hero through minions instead of just grabbing the minion like before.

The problem with this change is that Blitzcrank in the right hands is nearly impossible to avoid even if standing beside or behind your tower.

So far, in every game I've played I find that it's damn near impossible to be melee DPS and sharing a lane against someone good with Blitzcrank because you can absolutely never come within range unless Rocket Grab is on cool down. Before a strategy I used was to stay behind minions, but now you're not safe even even strafing back and forth behind minions to make it hard to catch you.

I think Blitzcrank is already a very powerful hero, and the new change is not so great because you can't counter it by positioning yourself intelligently.
I just recently played as Blitzcrank, and I was grabbing minions when I tried to grab a bot. Granted, it was my first time playing as him, so I'm not experienced, but still. I don't think it was actually changed.

Kn1ghtHawk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-21-2009

Nothing has changed about Blitz. I would LOVE if it would pass creeps, but then it would be OP. Rocket Grab is meant as a skill shot, and it still works that way. Last few games, I still hit creeps in front of champs if they were there.

Bozzar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-21-2009

It hasn't been changed, it has always and still does hit creep.

If you did see it go through creep is was lag, a bug, or you seeing things. If you can get it to go through creep consistently submit a bug report.

enkichild

11-21-2009

Sorry, the problem is this.

In order to not grab minions, you have to click behind the hero and it will always pass the minions and grab the hero.

Don't actually click on the hero.

Kn1ghtHawk

Recruiter

11-21-2009

Still doesn't do it. Bozzar is right - nothing regarding Blitz has changed Rocket Grab. Patch notes only listed that his Recommended items were updated.

enkichild

11-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abekith View Post
Still doesn't do it. Bozzar is right - nothing regarding Blitz has changed Rocket Grab. Patch notes only listed that his Recommended items were updated.
It's very common for patch notes to be incomplete.

Don't just take my word for it, simply keep what I'm saying in the back of your mind. Next time you're against him, see if it happens to you.

Kn1ghtHawk

Recruiter

11-21-2009

I play as him! I've tried; it doesn't do anything but grab a creep. I've had 1 game where my grab didn't bring Taric back to me, found out it was lag on my side.

Voidgolem

11-21-2009

The solution is to stand where Blitzcrank can't get a clear shot (If you're "strafing back and forth", it might be possible to lead a shot around the creeps to a point in your pacing)

Rocket grab can pass through Blitzcrank's creeps. So if you're tanking a creep wave by yourself, you will be grabbed (Plus you shouldn't be doing that anyway unless you're AoE farming >.>)

Krom

11-21-2009

It doesn't go through creep... however if you were standing snugly IN BETWEEN two of your creep, thinking you were safe, a good Blitzcrank CAN still land a grab.

Its also possible a good Blitzcrank timed a creep dying in front of you just right as to catch you with your pants down.