How To Build AP's in compet 3v3?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kagami

11-14-2012

I've played Diana a good bit on 3s I like to go 9/21/0 masteries(exact masteries depends on lane or jungle), and always go for AS marks, AP glyph/quints, and armor seals for early power and lane shoving ability.

I generally go boots + def item upgraded boots I plan > Cata > upgrade boots(tabi or merc) > RoA > Wooglets/Sweeper (get Wooglets 3rd if you need sweeper to counter someone) > Abyssal/Rylai/Frozen Heart(again depends on match up) > Void Staff (if they built MR) /Blackfire Torch (if not and they have good bit of HP items)

Mousechint

11-14-2012

A couple of friends and I played a few matches today with the same team comp and won all 3 games.

I played Hecarim while one of the others played Shen.
Our 3rd then picked Ziggs and basically built him squishy, while we built tanky.

Blackfire torch and rabadons got his damage output going while Shen and I peeled and kept the CC chain alive.
So yea, I would think you just build AP's like you would on SR, given the right team.

BloodyBrownEye

11-14-2012

Dont go ap. The top ranked players of this map have them to be useless.

Fat of the Land

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

On true caster mages like Orianna and Brand I've been having success with a tanky movespeed build

Blackfire Torch
Hextech Sweeper
Rylais
Wooglets
Force of Nature
Boots (ninja tabi, Sorc or Mercs, depending on their team composition)

Add Frozen Heart or Randuins and Voidstaff as needed.

You get:
25% CDR
+76 resist
+50 armor
+300 AP +25%
+18% movement speed (huge)
+1050 Health
Around 20 HP per second from FoN
20+ magic pen (more with Sorcs)
Wooglets invuln active & hextech vision

I use movespeed, magic pen and flat armor / resist for my runes and standard 21 offense masteries.

Take advantage of the BFT / Hextech / FoN combo while it lasts because it is definitely OP and some of the items will be removed altogether in the upcoming season 3 patch.

As for Diana I've found she works much better in this map with Blade of the King and going for a tanky on-hit build.

Magni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Try a Randuin's on Diana after you have core damage items.

I tried it once on SR and ever since I just build it every time the enemy team is very heavy on AD. It's amazing.

AbsolutionJailor

11-15-2012

I play with two very coordinated friends. Two of us pick relatively tanky champions, and the third goes heavy damage Mage with control.

Crowd control is so, so important.

We've had major success with Brand. Annie, Amumu, LeBlanc, Syndra, Galio, and a few others work well too.

Build is usually Boots+Doran's Ring (or Amplifying Tome + potion depending on enemy team), early Kage's and Haunting Guise. If the enemy has a solid stealth champion, an early Hextech Sweeper is mandatory, otherwise, we have one of the others get a Lantern. Depending on need: Chalice of Harmony, Catalyst, Fiendish Codex, Chain Vest, or Negatron Cloak. Against a mostly physical team that ganks a lot, that Chain Vest is the difference between "I lived long enough for my team to show up and pick up a ton of kills" or "I just died in the duration of a stun/silence/slow". The first defensive item adds so much mitigation, it really is worth sacrificing a little bit of potential damage to survive the initial burst of the enemy team.

From there, Athene's, Rylai's, Abyssal, Rod of Ages, or Wooglet's depending on need and team composition. We don't combine Blackfire Torch until an enemy passes 2k health, as the extra gold is nice and there are more dramatic items to build first. If there's a certain enemy who is incredibly shut down by armor and the active of Wooglet's, it's a very solid choice.

Mathematically, once an enemy has 2000 health, Blackfire Torch adds up to 100 damage over 3 seconds. Certain champions (Brand, Malzahar, Singed, Cassiopeia, Mordekaiser) can really benefit from getting one earlier, but usually it is just not the most optimal choice to rush first.

Probably the best piece of advice I can offer however, is teamwork. A few early successful ganks will let you snowball to victory. As long as you never let yourself get outnumbered, you should do fine with any logical build on a solid champion. Teamwork is everything here. Move as a group to secure objectives, always make sure your team knows where you are, and when able, ping every time you see an enemy in the fog of war. When trying to back up an ally, make sure they realize where you are coming from, so you don't accidentally lead the enemy away from your backup.

In fights, attack what is within range. Even if the enemy carry has 50 health, as long as they're in the back of the fight, they are a suboptimal target. Mages have the luxury of having a few core items with defenses, but that by no means makes you a tank. Fight what is in range, as a group. Converge on a target, and attack it until a better target enters range, or your current target is dead.

TheM0ve

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyzulu View Post
Orianna, Lux and Maokai are game changers in this new map. Absolutely necessary seeing as there are no wards.
all 3 are trash champs.

And Diana is a top champ in 3v3 atm.

Basketdrive

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Build Athene's and Haunting Guise, then just build tanky. Pretty standard for almost every AP. Now that BFT builds from guise, that's how you spec into more damage later.
Thanks Vesh!

Luego

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheM0ve View Post
all 3 are trash champs.

And Diana is a top champ in 3v3 atm.
Lux will never be a trash champ. The level of cc is crazy, and sets up the standard bruisers to get fed. She can waveclear great, so handle a solo lane early. If she gets fed, she can be a solid ap.

True, Diana is a great pick. So is Rumble, Singed, Swain.

The Untold

11-15-2012

I play zyra, and i have no trouble in threes. ROA > Lucidity > Wooglets > Void/Rylia's

The problem is you need mages that have great sustain and mobility/snares, best bets are Zyra and mummy really.