Syndra is the worst champion in the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterBlack View Post
Well, I'm looking at the wiki as a source for all my stuff on Orianna. In that regard, according to math alone I'm right.

I've just never had a problem in playing her, or using her abilities to their intended affect, save the first game, where I realized very quickly the lynchpin was actually landing all of the dark spheres.
If you can land all of Syndra's Qs you can land all of Cassiopeia's Qs and you'll end up better off in every way.

Lower mana cost
Better damage(even with syndras passive on her Q)
Lower Cd
Better range
and you get a 15-25% movement speed boost

and Cassiopeia gets a real passive.

SygmaSik

11-14-2012

I honestly dont agree with you. I have tons of fun with Syndra and win with most of my games. I personally have no problems with using her, I wouldnt turn down a buff ,but i dont think she is weak or poorly designed.

RadiantPyrophore

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanee View Post
If you look at single target... It makes no difference. it will come down to who is the better player. And if you look at it, you just proved our point. Brand is a good mage and Syndras damage compares to it. Thanks for proving she is not underpowered or the worst champion in the league. Each champion has a different kit, that is the point of the league. If people "can't" learn Syndra or Try to justify that it isn't "worth" learning her. Then good. Let the big kids play with the harder champions. The logic i am seeing is "Draven is harder to play than Ashe' Therefore ashe is better? owait i see the flaw...
What.... the... FVCK did you just pull out of your ass here? Is that a red herring into a strawman into a straight lie into a "No I said that (bull****) not you."?

Basically, almost all of Brand's kit works in large AoE, he's easier to play than Syndra, has a matching range stun through a wall that is easier and faster to set up (albeit not multitarget), vastly better damage single target and ESPECIALLY AoE!, he also has a free demi-ignite on his passive that does % max HP magic damage. Brand also has the same amount of spell spammability as Syndra with more manageable mana costs all around.

Basically, yes, Syndra is actually PLAYABLE now, but she still sucks hard. She has horribad scaling, mehverage bases on everything outside of her ult, horrible mana costs, and an ult that will never, ever, ever be useable in a clutch situation..... ever. To top it all off, she most emphatically is not, as most people have been calling her, a poke champion. Syndra's Q is mid range, her W, sure, it's long, but it's slow as hell, and your enemy with boots and a functional brain will virtually always dodge it, her E is narrow and difficult as all hell to hit before rank 5, it is not capable of both knocking back and stunning a target, often failing to do both at the same time when it should have done both, it also has two delays and two skillshots not to mention managing your champion's own position attached to using it. Basically, it's harder than death ray to use, which is saying something for a single ability. Basically her ONLY redeeming quality is that it's a decent sized AoE.... that, unfortunately, can and will be juked around by an enemy who understands Syndra, in other words, they will play ring around the rosies with you and you will never be able to land a stun unless they waltz right into it.

RadiantPyrophore

11-15-2012

Quote:
I don't understand how people have problems with her. She has sustained damage with her q and her w. She has an aoe stun (that, albeit, takes some skill to use) and a push back. She has a slow as well, a considerable one that is aoe as well. Her sustained damage is aoe, too, albeit fairly small and taking skill to land. And after you've used your combo, her ult is a huge burst to instantly nuke someone. She has everything she needs.

The only thing that she suffers from is being a champion that takes skill to play in every facet of her character. All of her damage save her ult (and even then an argument could be made otherwise) requires that the player playing her be able to land it.

She's just a high-skill-cap champion. That's all.

And you shouldn't be comparing her to brand at all. They're two VERY different types of champions.
A high skill cap champion with huge multiple delays, chains of delays required to do damage, low bases, ridiculously poor scaling, massive mana costs.... did I miss anything? How about totally useless if they build any MR because you have to add mpen into your build then and you can't afford it along with MP/5 and CDR while doing no damage?

RadiantPyrophore

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictrix View Post
Here is what I am saying though.

You compare her to any of the high skill cap mages and she flat out loses.

Why would you pick her over any of the other mages in the game?
This.

Orianna ****s all over her utility, Orianna zones better, Orianna pokes better, Orianna scales 515k times better and gets scaling on her AA for epic free harass as well.

Cassiopeia does about 5x as much damage to a single target, scales better than Orianna, has approximately the same amount of CC over time in her kit as Syndra, and she has a ton more AoE as well as having insanely long ranged harass on extremely low mana costs.

Anivia does more damage, has 3x as much CC, more utility, more pushing power, more stun, more survivability, similar single target burst that is about 20 times as spammable, Anivia has similar mana costs.

Karthus has more damage, more AoE damage, more damage over time, longer ranged poke, more spammable poke, a passive that lets him bomb turrets to autowin if things stalemate mid/late game, he also has a CC wall that covers the whole of mid lane AT AN ANGLE and slows by a ****ton while reducing MR by a ****ton. Last? He gets free kills and assists while sitting and farming mid all by his lonesome and can nuke the top quarter or third of a TEAM'S HP off just before a team fight unless they each spent thousands of gold to counter him, which just means your ADC will be able to rip them apart even easier.

Viktor. Viktor has more damage, more burst, lower mana costs, more and better sustainability, longer poke, better short ranged trades, a better AoE slow/stun, more CC over all, covering slows, stuns, and silences, massive AoE damage between DR and CS. Viktor can also be built and counter-built to counter just about every champion in the book (don't fight Yi, don't fight Yi without backup, don't ask why just don't do it unless you understand why and you are an incredible CS/GF CC chain gang boss) with only a couple of exceptions.

Syndra still sucks. The End.

RadiantPyrophore

11-15-2012

Quote:
Brand is a flat burst mage with high cooldowns on all of his abilities. He has a single burst in a teamfight and that is it. He's a good champion, in that regard, but he has no sustained damage nor does he have very much adaptability.

Syndra has far more cc to her, more utility, more sustained damage, comparable range on her two most damaging abilities, and most importantly she can actually move while casting, which is actually very important when playing against someone like brand. With Syndra you should be able to kite most of a brand's damage, all while hitting him with your own.

Coupled with the fact that she has much lower cds, especially on her q, she can harass him far more than he can her. She also builds fairly tanky if you're playing her right, with the two dorans, chalice, abyssal scepter you're taking a lot less damage from his poke than he is from yours.

EDIT: What high skill cap mages are you comparing her to? Brand? Brand is in no way a high skill cap mage. Not compared to Syndra.
Funny, funny guy, his CDs are all short for a mage, with Q at 8/7.5/7/6.5/6, W at 10, E at 12/11/10/9/8, and R at 105/90/75. I straight up forget his R even has a CD some games.

Brand has multiple combos, multiple skill shots, an ult that depends on precise spacing between minions, champions, jungle mobs, whether or not your target has your passive on it, an E that is either a point and click emergency stun comboing skill or a secondary AoE damage skill depending on whether or not you passive is present and/or the situation. Brand IS a high skill cap mage. Sure, the skill floor is low to get in, but the top is really high.

RadiantPyrophore

11-15-2012

Quote:
Morde shouldn't be able to touch you with her range. He can push and push and push sure, but if he does that early it'll leave him open to ganks and if he's doing it after you've gotten two dorans and a blue you can push the lane down just as quickly.

Cassi maybe has more sustain damage, sure, that's what she does. But syndra also has more utility, a long range stun and huge burst with her ult if you're using it right. She again, also has good range and should be able to dodge a lot of Cassiopeia's damage due to constantly moving.

Orianna I'd say is on par with her. Syndra's Q does far more damage than Orianna's, and is only a second longer cd at max level. Up till then it's a lower cd. Orianna's W only has 10 damage on Syndra's, but Syndra slows five percent more, and at fourth and fifth level the cd drops below Orri's.

So I think they're very comparable in use and damage, but Again I think Syndra is a little higher skill cap only due to her w slow being a on hit rather than an aoe field, and her ult being single target and requiring you set it up rather than orianna's aoe.

But again; I think it all comes down to being able to land and set up her abilities. She does just fine for me, and the stun when used right has a HUGE range, and a fair amount of stun time.
You idiot, Syndra doesn't have range, idiots like you just see her W range and don't realize that it will never hit again after they have tier 2 boots unless they are already CC'd. In fact, her kit has several different ranges that fail horribly at meshing for combos. Any combos. Ever.

Cassiopeia, is exactly the opposite of what you say, to the contrary, Cassiopeia will zone you, easydodge all your skill shots with her MS boost, outrange you by a ton, and perform better not only one on one, but in team fights as well.

Orianna. Orianna has AP scaling on her Auto-attack, she also has better CC and better utility by far, this is why she beats Syndra hands down. Orianna also scales with AP, Syndra might as well not.

Her ult takes button mashing to setup, no skill required, the only thing that makes it difficult is that fact that it is utterly and completely useless in clutch situations, always.

RadiantPyrophore

11-15-2012

Quote:
If you can land all of Syndra's Qs you can land all of Cassiopeia's Qs and you'll end up better off in every way.

Lower mana cost
Better damage(even with syndras passive on her Q)
Lower Cd
Better range
and you get a 15-25% movement speed boost

and Cassiopeia gets a real passive.
This.

Invictrix

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPyrophore View Post
This.
I am glad someone knows whats up I was getting a bizzare amount of hate for this thread.

RadiantPyrophore

11-15-2012

Quote:
I am glad someone knows whats up I was getting a bizzare amount of hate for this thread.
People still have hate-ons for new champions being OP, even though the last... 3? 4? 5? have been UP upon release or generally less-than-viable.